Specifically, What do you like or dislike about Trump?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 17, 2019.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

which means you should have fared better this time, but like I said.....

anyway, let’s move on

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You misunderstand me. I think you're interpreting it correctly. But if it ever gets challenged, an activist judge won't give a damn what the writers say it means. If holding some entrepeneur accountable fits his/her agenda, so be it.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

none of this is a counterargument its just you babbling about nonsense.

again, twitter is a private company, trump does not have to use it. if twitter published something and someone wants to sue them, they can, provided that material was published by twitter and not its users.

twitter, owning their own service, is also legally allowed to moderate it. its theirs. its private property. trump has no right control what twitter moderates.

none of this is simply my "opnion" its the law, and its explicitly stated in a very specific document, which i strongly encourage you to read.

i ask you guys for arguments and you have none. "thats just your opinion dude", and "obama sai something once" are not arguments.

you told me i dont know the intent of the law. i showed you the exact intent of the people that wrote the law and how trump is wrong.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this is like if i say speeding is illegal, and you remind me that it is now, but you never know what might happen. i dont care what you imagine in the future about the law. we have laws now and they are relevant now.

i am and trump is probably too, but he likes to stir up people who dont. his executive order will mean nothing, ever.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Is it a surprise to you that Russia doesn't like us?

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

And as usual a deflection. That the Russians are adversaries is a given. The disturbing part is that Trump knew but continued to suck up to Putin by saying nothing and trying to have Russia included in the G7.

8. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Trump has stated on numerous occasions that he believes it is better to talk than not. "Keep your friends close and enemies closer". No progress is made unless a conversation is going on. Kind of unlike the US at present.......Bi partisan bill by Tim Scott is refused floor discussion ring a bell?
    Democrats are play my way or no play at all. As a result, nothing gets accomplished. They would rather have an issue than a solution.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Interesting that you defend his passivity about the Russians saying it’s better to talk. Then why do you think his very loud attacks on our allies Is acceptable?
    What to internal politics have to do with the Russians offering bounties for killing our troops?
    Your answer make no sense unless you intend to defend Trump even if he kills someone in plain day on 5th Ave.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Question, what do you think the CIA does?

shane0911 likes this.