Specks and whites

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, May 7, 2016.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Boxable fish were hard to come by today. Caught well over 200 specks by only 8 of them measured. Pretty frustrating. Few whites too. Got a fair enough mess but it is irritating letting all those go that were a half inch short
    [​IMG]

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

We did the same thing yesterday. We didn't catch anywhere near 200, probably closer to 100 between 3 of us. 6 keepers.

3. jvalhenson

Still can't start a new thread doesnt look like so I will just post this here......
    report for Fri afternoon and Sun evening:
    Found myself with an hour to kill before meeting the wife and kids at tball Fri and had one rod in my truck that happened to have a white jig on it. So ran to the harbor and just walked around the piers bouncing the grub around pilings. Wish I'd have had more time prob could have got a good mess the way they were there. Only had 30 min of the hour to actually fish and got 4 good flounder and 2 trout.
    [​IMG]
    The Sunday evening the wind laid down about 3 so decided to head out but it was more like 6 by the time I was fishing but did ok for about the 90 minutes I fished. 12 good specks and about 40 plenty big enough white trout.
    [​IMG]

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Thank gawd. It's a forum not a diary.

Dude, 4 nice flounders, that is a good mess by most peoples' standards- mine included.

tirk likes this.
  5. jvalhenson

aint my fault the rest of you pansies cant catch a fish

shane0911, LSUTiga and Bengal B like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I had the time and location to go fishing every day I would match you fish for fish. I would be the Michael Jordan of fishing to your LeBron James.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. jvalhenson

still having to mess with small fish. Went yesterday evening but no legal specks just a bunch of shorts. Threw 30 white trout and 2 18" flounder on ice though so not a total waste. It's exemption time at school so no students so brought fish to work cleaned em here this morning forgot to take a pic not that they warranted one.

8. LSUTiga

If I had to fish in salt water to survive, I may starve. I'm a catfish and white perch guy. You couldn't sniff what I haul in. Well, maybe better said, "used to haul in." ;)

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm more of a salt water guy. I don't get the attraction of making a thousand or so casts with an artificial worm for each bass you catch. When I go fresh water I go for the bream and sac-au-lait.

10. LSUTiga

Same here. Bass fishing, when they're biting, is as fun as it gets. On the other side though, it didn't take me many days in Lacassine and in the Burns (near Lake Charles) getting nothing but a sun burn to say eff this shit.