Speculation about Breaux and LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, May 1, 2004.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Please explain exactly what John Breaux has done for this State we are last in everything. Lawson Swearinger (not sure about spelling) State Rep was appointed to Northeast Louisiana University aka ULM and he almost ruined the school 3 years ago they could not even have year book because Swearinger spent the money. This is a political Favor that will Kill LSU. LSU should have the best not someone that Blanco is paying back. If this is true this is Bull ****. I am so freakin mad right now. This has ruined my day. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: SREW BLANCO

2. louisiana tiger

louisiana tiger Freshman

how in the world could something like this could get started; John Breaux is going to start a law firm in Washington and make about $2,000,000 a year..His partner is going to be a senator from OK(can't remember his name)

He will continue to support LSU in every way possible :lsug: :lsug: :geaux: :) :) :) :) :tigbas: :tigbas: :champs:

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Neaux to Breaux for the chancellor position. He doesn't want it anyway, he left the Senate in order to make $$$$$. Appears he will try to make it legally which is a step up for most Louisiana polititians. Politics in Louisiana and politicians will not get better until enough people (at the ballot box) demand that it gets better. Education is one of the major things we need to turn our state around, and it looks like that is a long ways off. Just my two cents.

4. Mr. Kotter

Mr. Kotter Freshman

One Vote for Breaux

Politicians often take jobs in academia after leaving public office.

Sen. Boren of Oklahoma is now president of the University of Oklahoma.
    Sen. Bob Kerry of Nebraska is president of the New School in New York State.
    Donna Shalala, Secretary of Health and Human Services under President Clinton. is president of the University of Miami.

As for Breaux's credentials, he may not have a P.H.D. but he does have a JD.

Besides, he may be able to leverage his connections in Washington to steer some federal dollars to Baton Rouge.

I hope he gets serious consideration; however, I doubt he ends up in the job.

Geaux Tigers

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Hey Mr. Kotter, maybe you can get Mr. Woodman to apply ?