Spoke with Travis Daniels & Marcus Spears yesterday...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 16, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I was breezing through Champs Sports in the Mall of Louisiana, and I was haggling over whether or not they could order some P&G colored shoes, when I hear from behind me, "Now there's an LSU fan..."

Who could it be but Marcus Spears & Travis Daneils...

I talked them up for a few quick moments before I walked off (I'm guessing they don't/didn't like being hounded all that much), but they were pretty cool about talking pretty specifically about some things with LSU football.

They are so singularly greatful that Coach Saban was here, it's unreal. They were very reverent towards him. They also said that they had talked to Les Miles, and that, "ya'll better get ready for some offense next year."

I asked them about the defense, and Travis told me to watch out for emergence of the cornerbacks behind them. Said that there were lots of guys back there who are eager to show what they can do now that he and CW are gone. Spears said that there's so much talent at each and every position that we could sleep walk through the season.

Guys, these two are some of the more down to earth future millionaires I've ever met...One other thing...Marcus Spears MIGHT be 6-3...and Travis Daniels is clearly taller than Spears...

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Two great guys and great Tigers. Spears 2001 class is quite possibly the best recruiting class in LSU history, IMO.

BTW, I'm not refuting your statement, but there is no way Daniels is taller than Spears. If he was, why isn't he listed taller? TD is listed a 6'1 and Spears at 6'4. In all seriousness, were you drunk?

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Maybe Travis had heels on and you didn't notice...

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Thanks for the info TE :thumb:

5. TigerEducated

Dallas...That's what the hell I was so surprised about...I mean...It just didn't make sense...he was noticably taller...It was weird..

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Very weird indeed. Where is Daniels supposed to go in the draft?

7. TigerEducated

I have seen a few draft sites list him anywhere from a lower top 10 CB to a top 15 to all the way to a lower end Top 20 CB...I'm guessing he's a 3rd rounder...

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The combines are going to be very important to Travis as will the fact that he played mostly safety his first 1/4 years, his first year was a washout, playing in only one half of one game. I hope he displays great burst and speed at the combines, I fell good about his athletically ability. If he impresses the people at the combine he should go pretty high with his size, he could play CB or safety in the NFL.

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Wait a minute TE. Am I the only one that noticed you were trying to order purple and gold sneakers? You don't seem NEARLY old enough to sport those on a daily basis, with a starched pair of khakis and an Arnsparger era golf shirt. :grin: What brand/style? I'm thinking maybe like the old Converse, that were released in Lakers, Celtics (and later Bulls) colors. Those were great. :thumb:

Seriously though, good info and I hope they're right.