Sporting News article comes down hard on SEC refs; A MUST READ

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 7, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

they will call it fair and square at that point

it won't matter

unless 1 team is undefeated and the other already has a loss

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Says the guy who started a thread saying the blatantly obvious missed call didn't cost us the game.

I agree with your point above, it makes it infinitely worse, but make up your mind about what side of the issue you're on.

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

It did not lose us the game.

It was a terrible call. I have said that multiple times. It did not lose us the game. Terrible 2nd half defense lost us the game.

Here, I will quote myself:

1 person likes this.
  4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Like hte postgame show guys said... to win championships, you need breaks... same goes for individual games... But when the breaks are turned against you, over and over in the game, it can lose you the game. A HUGE part of Bama's success in running the ball was the blatant holding that was not called once. I don't care if its an NFL team lining up against grade schoolers, if they run the ball as much as bama did, there is going to be at least ONE holding call (in an honestly called game).

5. roynav

roynav free your mind

6. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I'm generally not one to point to calls, or non-calls, and say they cost one team or another a game. There are, of course, exceptions. Colorado, back in the 80s, as I recall, got a 5th down to help them win the MNC. The non-PI call in the 2006 :lsup: - AU game.

I can't quite put the non-INT (or the PI call on LSU! or the non-call on the hit on JJ) in that category.

But then when you look at the very valid point you make -- the HUGE number of non-holding calls on AMAB's O-line, especially in the second half -- and combine that with those other calls and non-calls, then I don't see any conclusion other than :lsup: lost its chance to win this game.

I don't think (or is it I hope not?) there is a conspiracy involving the SEC, UF and AMAB. They do seem to get the benefit of the calls. They are both still undefeated. They're going to the SEC Championship Game. It'll draw a massive audience for CBS.

It's at least fishy.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige