Sporting News article

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 15, 2004.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

2. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Not gonna happen. JV's mother(Lilly) is a subscriber to a couple of other paid sites & she answered that question last week. I'll take her word over some writer from the Sporting News. JV didn't do the things necessary in the off season to make himself better & also set too high of expectations for himself, instead of just trying to make himself a better football player. He'll be back next year & is just one injury away from getting back into the limelight.

Marc

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Reads more like a piece from the Inquirer, especially the Bama firing Shula for Spurrier part.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

"Maybe you remember LSU RB Justin Vincent as the next big thing, especially after his fabulous freshman season last year. His sophomore year, though, has been one bad turn after another. Fumbles and inefficient play have knocked him to third on the depth chart and essentially out of the rotation. He has 14 carries for 31 yards in the past five games, and there's a possibility he could transfer at the end of the season. "

IMHO this is BS. Doesn't sound like JV's attitude toward things. Like the Terminator, "he'll be back."

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Also, watching JV on special teams, he is still a true Tiger. He hustles whenever he's out there, and I was happy to see him get some positive yardage the other night at the end of the game.

I felt like the offensive line really came together and played pretty well in the second half the other night.

6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Don't buy the Spurrier to Bama BS either. Shula probably has at least 3 more years to get the Tide back on top. He's already probably a little ahead of schedule and will be able to give 25 scholarships this year. :geaux: