Sporting News: LSU is better with Flynn than Russell

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

when Hatch came in last week...I said "it's Hatch. He plays Hatchback."
    it was funnier in person.:confused:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What about the games that Jamarcus pulled out of the fire? Add 6 or 7 losses to that 22-4 record without him. Georgia in the SECCG? How about a team with 11 straight weeks of football under their belt with no rest. It’s not like everybody else played great and JR screwed it up. Tennessee? Up 21-0 at the half and let Tennessee come back to win in OT. JaMarcus cannot be blamed for the defensive meltdown against Jimmy Clausen. Would anyone suggest that we have no Championships since 2003 because of Pelini and the defense? Florida? You all saw that game. Hardly JR’s fault. The entire team was flat and unfocused that day. Auburn? JR nearly pulled it off but the refs wouldn’t allow it.

Edit: I just realized I discussed every LSU loss over the last 3 seasons (including this one) in a short paragraph.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I still contend that a healthy Addai would have been the difference in that game.

Either way, its hard to say who would have been better in each other's place, but if I had to pick one QB to make a clutch throw, with the game on the line, I take JR all day. I think you have to go with JR in that situation. Not only was he asked on numerous occasions to do it, but he succeeded. It hasnt been asked of Flynn, yet, and the way this TEAM is playing this year, he may never get the opportunity.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I don't know if you say my post last week but we'll assume when LSU is in play on the Pick 'Em that you are for them and credit you accordingly to the outcome of our game so you don't have to pick. See, I may be a nit picker but I'm a nice one. :)

Speaking of Flynn's impact, I'm anxious to find out if he plays this weekend. Looks like I was WAY wrong on Doucet. No news of results form MRI but he's definitely not a go for sure, at this point.

5. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Aww Man. Almost as funny as my Andrew Clutchfield joke when he kicked off into the endzone.

6. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Richdog, I never pay a nickel's worth of attention to your posts.

You know why?

Look at your goddamned avatar.:grin:

I don't think even Booty's wife looks that good.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

JaMarcus was the better QB, but Flynn is the better game manager.

This year we have a perfect situation with Flynn as our starter & RP as the backup. He will manage games & not do anything to hurt us. Perrilloux will come in for a few series a game and put some points on the board.

Flynn is a better option than Perrilloux right now, but with a little game management & decision making improvement, Perrilloux could be amazing. He isn't eligible because he doesn't have enough attempts, but his QB rating would be leading the country right now if he was.

After saturday night, I'm salivating thinking about Perrilloux with Keiland in the backfield & Toliver at WR, not to mention all the other amazing talent we have.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I agree, and with Perrilloux also.

9. mean machine

mean machine Founding Member

JR is a great QB, but I think both MF and RP are better for our offense with Crowton calling the plays.

My main problem with JR was that when he took a sack, it was a huge no fricken way you're gonna make this 3rd down sack. And also, he didn't seem to have a lot of confidence in his WR's (which may or may not have been warranted). It seemed like he would not throw the ball until he saw an open receiver - as opposed to throwing the ball when the WR makes his break.

The latter part of last year's Auburn game comes to mind.

1 person likes this.