Sporting News preseason rankings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUtitan91, Jun 10, 2006.

1. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Jesus Christ almighty.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Well, I think AU will have good receivers, they have a lot of very talented youngsters, but Taylor was your number one guy last season, not even close. He may have been coming into the season but he had a slump for sure. I'd expect he will return to form this year though.

AU always seems to have some really good talent out wide.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I find it funny how LSU usually gets moved back a few spots in the polls because of the schedule, where as ND goes to number one because of what they did last year. They have a very, very tough schdule.

I think ND will be very good but will at least drop two to keep them away from being National Champs.

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

9/2 @Georgia Tech L - GT will be a force in this game. I called GT beating AU this year, and I call for a repeat: GT winning a tough opener.

9/9 Penn St. L - PSU certainly won't be the surprise they were last year, but they will definately screw up the Big Ten championship race.

9/16 Michigan L - The Wolverines will want revenge from last year.

9/23 Michigan St. W/L - Tough OT loss for the Irish last year. They could end up with the win on this one, but MSU gives a lot of tough teams fits for some reason.

9/30 Purdue W/L - Purdue confuses me every year. I don't know what they will end up doing, but a probable win for ND.

10/7 Stanford W - Came down to the wire last year.

10/21 UCLA W/L - This game could combine for 100 total points with these two defenses.....

10/28 @Navy W - Yeah.... Navy...

11/4 UNC W - Ditto, though they could come up with another miracle upset..

11/11 @Air Force W - Easy...

11/18 Army W - Another... Just racking up the heisman points for Quinn...

11/25 @USC L - This one confuses me. I want to say USC will win just because things always fall their way. I don't know enough about their QB situation, but this is should be changed to a toss-up...

5 wins, 3 losses, and 4 toss-ups. That is how I see their schedule. If they manage to win half of those toss-ups, I will be surprised. Start of the year will be a bitch for them and they end of the year they get it easy (except USC, of course). Hell, Stanford could be a toss-up as well. It was a close one last year. ND this year, as I see them, is exactly as they were last year: Barely beating Michigan on a down-year, losing to Michigan St., squeaking by the power-house Stanford. Their only notable win (and I'll let you choose) is between Tenn. and Purdue, both 21 point wins vs 5-6 teams.

You might say that the Michigan (7-5) victory was notable. Lest we forget that Michigan had that game tied up if not for a fumble on the one-yard line and that the Wolverines had over 100 more total yards than ND. The luck of the Irish was certainly with them in that game.

Sorry, but I don't buy the ND hype. I think they will flop like the AU '03.

Hey, I'm entitled to my opinion. I agree that they won't be worse than last year. I just thought they had it good last year. They caught Michigan, Pitt, and Tenn on one of their worst seasons in several years.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Notre Dame will not win because they are suck.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Yeah, Notre Dame really soccers.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Navy is actually pretty good.

8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

YES!!! That's awesome!!

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

They would need to greatly improve to keep up with ND's O.

10. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

Anyone else notice that they have SEVEN SEC teams in the Top 25. While they all probably are among the top 25 teams in the country, there is no way that many finish in the final poll because of having to beat up on each other. Also it looks to me like South Carolina might be a little overrated in here.