Sporting news rumor, Butch Davis to ARK

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by aztiger, Oct 23, 2007.

1. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

The talk of Butch Davis leaving North Carolina after one year for Arkansas remains active. Word is, Davis has two outs in his contract: to coach the Dallas Cowboys and to coach the Arkansas Razorbacks. If that's true, the pull to coach at his alma mater may be enticing.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=294125

My god, can you imagine: Miles, Saban, Tubby, Davis all in the west. Scary thought. I had no idea he went to ARK...go figure.

2. ThatBamaFan

ThatBamaFan Founding Member

Just give the national title to whomever wins the division if this rumer proves to have merit.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

As much money as Arkansas has, UNC has some big baller boosters. And they love football, its not just a basketball school. Plus, UNC has everything set in place to win now and Butch is more than adequate in the recruiting department already.

UNC will be a serious force for a while and I can't see why he would leave. I think they will be the class of the ACC in five years.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Poor UNC. Always the bridesmaid. Sent Mac Brown to Texas. Now Butch Davis? :shock:

Maybe UNC should join the SEC. :grin:

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Sweet. Can we switch out Vandy for UNC?

6. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Run Davis, Run...leave that non-football talent state, and head for the Ozarks!!

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

When I read Dodd's article last week I looked around to see if I could find the contract between Davis and UNC. Coacheshotseat.com has a copy of just about everyone's and they don't have one for Davis...so I began to suspect Dodd was just blowing smoke. Especially considering he had referenced the same site in a few comments on Solich vs Callahan.

Dodd is a Mizzou guy...is there a history between Mizzou and Arkansas I don't know about?

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Man, the west would be real scary with Butch Davis in it.

10. Buckeye Fan

Buckeye Fan Founding Member

Butch turned the Browns around pretty fast up here and I'm not surprised he has done the same at UNC.