Sports Illustrated quick article on THE call...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by soupertiger, Nov 7, 2009.

1. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

Ref: We have many horrible calls for your birthday celebration, each one filled with little surprises!
    Slive: How many horrible calls?
    Ref: Many horrible calls, many!
    Slive: Ref, would you say I have a plethora of horrible calls?
    Ref: A what?
    Slive: A plethora.
    Ref: Oh yes, Slive. You have a plethora.
    Slive: Ref, what is a plethora?
    Ref: Why, Slive?
    Slive: Well, you just told me that I had a plethora, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.
    Ref: Slive, I know that I, Ref, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

2. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

Mike "El Guapo" "Boss Hog" Slime approves of your shenanigans....:thumb:

3. ThatBamaFan

ThatBamaFan Founding Member

One's disgust with the refs is directly tied to whether or not one gets the "W" or the "L". Bama fans reacted much the same way after the ref "looked the other way" in the end zone at Baton Rouge a few years back.

I'm not trying to rub it in, all I'm saying is this conspiracy talk is utterly absurd. Refs miss calls, period. Especially when they're part-time middle aged men with pot bellies.

4. soupertiger

This is not just about 1 call. LSU got hosed the entire game from several holdings, a few facemasks, a helmet directly to the chest of our QB, and finally the horrible INT call. I hope someone on these boards puts together footage of the bad calls because it will be very embarassing for SEC officials. I never chime about bad calls because SOME happen every game but this was utterly ridiculous bad calls.

5. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

Part-time... that's it, they need the money. We should impliment the rules of Ancient Rome where only rich people could hold office since they are not as influenced by money!! The likelihood of a conspiracy is probably small, but they sure are not helping out their own cause.

Bama got the win, that will not change. So... not saying the INT would have resulted in a win for LSU, but do you believe that was an INT?

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Getting hosed on a judgement call where an official has to make a split second decision and doesn't have the benefit of a review is ALOT different than having a call replayed, said replay clearly showing he had BOTH feet down, not one, then still not overturning the call. That reeks of corruption, not poor officiating.

7. soupertiger

8. soupertiger

9. soupertiger

Another blog....haha!

Dear Mr. Slive: I Should Be a Replay Ref -- NCAA Football FanHouse

"Because like the rest of America, I saw Peterson catch the football and get not one, but two feet in bounds. That's one more foot in bounds than you actually need, Mr. Slive. Yet, somehow the man you pay to sit in a booth and watch the replay didn't see this. He must have been blind ... or drunk. Perhaps he was both, so drunk he'd become blind. That's okay, I've been to Galette's before in Tuscaloosa and gotten that drunk. Although, to be fair, that's always been after a game."

10. soupertiger