Sports Illustrated quick article on THE call...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by soupertiger, Nov 7, 2009.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

One of the main points of the article from a diff. perspective, LSU had 9 yards in the 4th quarter. That's 9 yards!!
    Given the Peterson catch, that still left almost 70 yards for the lead. Less you forget, your quarterback is Jarrett Lee. Let me repeat that, you went to Jarrett. When LSU got the ball back, there was plenty of time to pull a tenn., meaning go down and score, on side kick and a field goal wins it. Your last drive ended on your own 28 yard line, just about where peterson would have been earlier. In short, even if the catch was given to LSU, Bama had the better defense in the second half.They rolled 200 more yards of offense for the game. second half adjustments were made, Bama's execution got better, and home field was loud and rocking.I thought LSU played hard and they certainly have a good team. The game stats and especially the final score, simply told the truth.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This thread is about the jobbing by the officials on the interception. You got anything to say about that?

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Win some, Lose some. that do it for you?

4. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

No, because you're still not answering the question. If NONE of the other calls were bad, would you at least admit that one was? That was CLEARLY an interception. It may not have won the game for us, but that's the question at hand.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Go back to tidefans.com. You're not welcome here.

:geauxtige

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.
    El Guapo: Many pinatas?
    Jefe: Oh yes, many!
    El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
    Jefe: A what?
    El Guapo: A *plethora*.
    Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.
    El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?
    Jefe: Why, El Guapo?
    El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.
    Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

:D

7. Gulf fisherman

Gulf fisherman Freshman

This officiating is getting to be a weekly thing and is getting OLD......
    A. Replay booth not working----why not? Ever heard of a backup UPS or backup generator---maybe some one from Alabama tripped over the extension cord?? DUH
    B. Every major media outlet is calling it the worst officiating of the season--holding on Bama offensive line all day; facemasks (check out www.lsusports.net--on the homepage), then the interception NO CALL......
    C. Slive, get a grip, pack your bags, you have proven yourself USELESS and a disgrace to the Southeastern Conference. Since when can you over ride the Freedom of speech--bet you voted for Obama!!!!!!!!!!!
    Enough said...............................

8. roynav

roynav free your mind

Better to be lucky than good. That do it for you?

BTW, Peterson OWNED Jones.

9. GeauxTakePhotos

GeauxTakePhotos Founding Member

I am legally blind in my right eye, it leaves me with no depth perception.

With no replays, I saw the interception.

And the picture of Peterson's divet is worth a thousand words,
    most of them are curse words except for two, :geaux:

1 person likes this.
  10. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

Stats for for children to argue about. Evidence doesn't lie. How do you know we wouldn't move the ball after the INT? You're just a typical gump idiot.

Good luck watching you team get their @ss kick in the Sugar Bowl by another non-BCS school for the second year in a row. You see, history has shown that when Saban's LSU & Gump teams have nothing left to play for, they fold faster than a broken tent. Florida will win their 2nd crystal and you guys get your @sses handed to you again in prime time. I can't wait to see that score without the SEC Refs.
    :popcorn: