Sports Show says DD not good RB...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerman, Oct 7, 2002.

1. tigerman

tigerman Freshman

I live in Mobile and I was listening to a sports talk show today and a caller called in and asked how much the loss of Toefield would effect the Tigers (the caller was not an LSU fan). TheY responded by saying that "although he did well last year in Toe's absence, that he wasn't a good running back and all he was good for was special teams, and pretty much counted LSU out of contending for the West". I tried to call in to set them straight but could not get through. Not to take anything away from Toe but I believe that DD has performed better in the running attack this year and really think we will be alright without him, however we will miss his great leadership. I am also interested to see Addai get more playing time I think he will be better than both Toe and DD. Get well Toe and come back strong. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

2. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

let them think Dom is no good. He will tear some teams up! Look out for Addai too!

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

That reminds me of last season. Every week our upcoming opponents would say that Josh Reed was overrated. Then week after week Reed taught them how it was a mistake to underestimate him and the LSU Tigers.

4. Pitkin Tiger

Pitkin Tiger Founding Member

Do these people not look at statistics?

DD is getting good stats every week. The loss of Toefield will hurt on the field because of his abilities, and off the field with intangibles, but we have depth at running back thanks to an excellent recruiting job by our coaches. Injuries in other positions would hurt more than at RB. But we will miss Toe, don't get me wrong.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

DD seems to see holes better as he gets into the flow. I think the opportunity to get be a feature back will help. If Teaux comes back next year healthy, this could be win-win.

6. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

DD has always been known for his speed and quickness whereas the Tow Truck is known for his power running. We will definately miss Toe, but I think Addai will perform well. Perhaps even better than Toe down the road. Where DD has improved this year IMO is in the power game. He still has the same speed and quickness, but he now runs with power and he doesn't go down on first contact. If the Tigers can get some type of passing attack going, they will be fine. Geaux Tigers; Kick their @**!

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I agree with that, partially. I remeber seeing Toe make some great cutbacks to the open hole many times last year. This year, it has been a little bit different, but I think it was becuase he was favoring that knee. Granted, DD has always been better at that, though.

And yes, DD has certainly gotten stronger. In the MSU game, there were several times he got hit by more than one guy and carried them all along for the ride.