sportscenter just said that tyrus thomas...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by upsizin, May 23, 2006.

1. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

was the number one draft prospect in the nba draft.
    :cool:
    The lottery's tonite and portland's got the highest probability of getting the first pick in the draft... They could definately use an athlete like thomas but I think they need a big time scorer more (morrison would fit here because he's from the pacific northwest... but they can probably trade down to get him)

I really dont want him going there... that's a horrible dead end team right now

second pick goes to the bulls... an ideal spot for him... a good team, getting better.. that doesnt need great value right away at their pick...

bobcats get third pick, wouldnt mind him going there but cant see it happening.

:thumb:

2. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

man this site's dead now a days... even last year in the dead time people still posted...I say somethin bout a tiger being the first one picked in his draft and no one cares 45 minutes later? that's weak guys :(

the last overall post was like 30 mins ago... I guess I'll be back come football season :-\

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

For the most part, it's just simply an older crowd here. A lot of us are working, probably like you. Just simply posting when we have free time during our days. :thumb:

I was hoping TT would go to the Bulls too. The draft lottery is pretty silly. I've seen teams with the terrible odds end up getting their ping pong ball picked and be awarded the first pick. Then again, at least it does not guarantee the worst team the best pick.

Hopefully TT has some good luck whenever he is picked --- meaning that he goes to a team that is on the rise, not one that is a dead end place.

4. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

Yea I usually have school all day, don't worry during the summer it will start back up again.

5. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

it better, even on sunday, it seemed like nothing was being posted.

where did ESPN put rudy gay, the two are similar in body type and build

6. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Yeah but there games are not even remotely similiar. Gay has good outside game with a slashing roll. Thomas can sky and has a nice mid game. Gay and Morrison are much closer than Gay and Thomas.

7. clair

clair Rockets

the lottery did Tyrus no justice at all...

Toronto is taking Aldredge, b/c Bosh and Thomas are too similar to be in the paint together

Chicago is good as is, so they will take the guy with the most potential, ALA Detroit with Darko, so they will go with the European kid

The Bobcats have drafted power forwards in rd 1 every year of their existence, so they won't take him... They will likely go with Morrison... MAYBE stretch to Brandon Roy

If Morrison isn't going to the Cats, then the Blazers get him at #4... If he is gone at 4, Tyrus likely goes here, though

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

well if you want im sure we can be like other boards with thousands of posts per day, half of them being personal attack related and the other half inside "babe" threads. there's just not too much to say right now that hasn't already been said. go to some other boards and you'll see rehashed arguments and discussions that are tired as all get out.

9. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Wait in a month or two when football is right around the corner.

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I think it is a big favor if he doesn't have to go to Canada. Taxes there are oppressive, it is a marketing wasteland, and Tyrus won't have much free time for x-country skiing.

The article referenced below makes a case for only a small tax bite, I'm not in agreement.

http://www.jruben.com/media.php

In Ontario, the rate is 51.64% for anyone with taxable income of more than $63,500 ... All major league athletes with U.S. clubs easily make more than that and face the full hit.