sportsline article on top 10 games of weekend

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gumborue, Jan 21, 2005.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

http://sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/8120797

a paragraph on LSU @ UK, but no predictions.

im scared to be optimistic about the game, but a win would catch a lot of attention. i think it comes down to our O against their D (basically, can we get the ball to davis and bass in good positions and can someone hit some outside shots). UK has problems scoring a lot of points.

2. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

Also Tack (and Others, but mostly Tack) must take care of the ball better. LSU cannot win if they continue to turn the ball over 10 or more times.:geauxtigs :bball:

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Welcome to the forum. :tigerhead

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

a modest level of turnovers (10-15) is not that bad. you can overcome them, especially with an uptempo style of play. good rebounding and forcing turnovers can make up for your own turnovers--we're a good rebounding team.

that said, turnovers will probably be deadly against uk because they are very good and the pace will likely be slow (less total possessions)

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm probably the most optimistic person on this forum but at Lexington? I'm just hoping for a good showing.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i know, i know, but tubby's teams aren't so talented lately (they're just well coached--which is probably worse for us) and i think we match up well. their guards are smallish (not small, like ours but two 6'1") and their two forwards are short (6'6" hayes--a load at 250; 6'7")

davis and bass can take their post players IF they get the ball in good position (offensive rebounding will be really tough against UK).

this is not a real veteran uk team (they start a sr, two jr, a fr and a soph)

hudson needs to buck up on D and stop azubuike and hopefully our guards can handle rondo (he's only a fr. but he's damn good) :geaux:

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Good one, SF. :hihi:

8. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

With all that said if LSU plays like they can (like agains OSU) they will can win the game.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

so what do you think about the game, catdaddy? you scared? :geaux:

10. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Just do not a see a victory saturday. I don't think this wildcat team is as strong as most of their teams but are certainly better than Ohio St. and Arkansas, two at best mediocre teams who took the tigers to overtime.