Spot on article....hope CLM reads it.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple & Gold, Sep 26, 2010.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

True, the ones on UCN gave them a free TD for the sum of it.

Last night we just killed our own drives in the first half...

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: No, but what's your point here? :huh: :LSU231:

3. LSU Tiger Eyes

LSU Tiger Eyes Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  4. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

If you watched the Saints game I think that is a perfect illustration of where this thinking is skewed. The Saints defense thrives on creating turnovers. The Saints special teams had a good game with Moore nearly returning a kick for a TD from which the offense eventually scored...the Saints lost.

The Falcons had ZERO turnovers....you cannot rely on your defense to create 3, 4, or 5 turnovers and give the offense the ball in the red zone as the LSU offense had last night.

These bad decisions you mention in the second half have been the norm and not the exception.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Turnovers are always subjected to being a fumble or a int.

Often, the D can create a 3 and out deep in their territory. That plus a good punt return and LSU doenst have far to go with a piss poor O.

What LSU needs to do now to move forward, is stop the mistakes. We can win games with our O, but we cannot fumble, throw ints and have costly pens...

Our O is no where near perfect, but they will score and our D will give them many good chances to do such...

regarding the bad decisions, whether its the norm or not is not the point. Stopping penalty's is an easy fix no matter how you try and flip it.

6. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Wish I could be as optimistic, guess we'll see. But if all these things are easy to fix, then why aren't they fixed yet? We're a quarter through the season and I don't see anything getting fixed yet. We've gone backwards.

These three and outs and punt returns are only producing Field Goals and that's not good enough and we need to depend on the O to score regardless of field position.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Dont get me wrong, I am very upset with the O, but I take on the veiw that there is more to be hopeful about than there is to be upset about.

2 of our biggest issues right now are QB and Play calling and I am a firm believer that if a QB stepped up, the play calling would improve..

Yes, if Miles and company cannot get this O into shape fast, LSU will lose games that we could have won.

This D is one of the best and its going to be a damn shame if its wasted...

Maybe this year luck can be on our side.....
    :lsup:

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Very few teams, if any, have the perfect blend of top notch offense, top notch defense and great special teams. Some have two (those are your ranked teams), some have one (those are your 30th to 100th ranked teams) and some have none (that would be your USL). If I have a point it's that we should be at least somewhat satisfied that we have 2 out of 3 and those 2 are among, if not the best in the country. Miles is head coach of all 3.

We could be a lot worse. Remember the Saints in the days of Chuck Muncie and Tony Galbreath? I'll take top D over O any day of the week.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Wurd

:sob: :huh::angry:

So true. Bama struggled with the passing game vs. Arky. Granted Crowton's won't be a Petrino's passing attack but we struggle with the simplest of attempts.

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm not a pumper, but I like Les as a person, and I like a lot of how he runs this program. Give credit where credit is due, if you burn him for all the ofensive problems you have to give props for the defense and special teams. These are all his players and he brought in Chief. If you still think that was a bad decision move to the corner and put on the pointy hat.

I'm not a hater but I believe Les can be stubornly myopic; currently with regard to JJ. I'm guessing here but I think he believes with enough repititions JJ will grow to be an adaquat QB; which is all this team needs. The problem is we'll never know what we have on the bench. I would rather have given the entire 4th quarter to Lee win or lose. Then at least we would know before conference play starts. A team with 1 out of conference loss can still get to the NCG through Atlanta. Which is where this group can be with adaquat QB play. Which by the way means that stupid Ole Les has put together a heck of a team.