Spot on article....hope CLM reads it.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple & Gold, Sep 26, 2010.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Agree with the points you bring up. And yes, things could definitely be a lot worse. We came close to losing to UNC but didn't. We could also be UGA, Old Piss, etc. It's also great to have our awesome "D" and Special Teams, two big reasons we're 4 - 0 right now. Problem is they won't be able to carry us all season like they have so far, especially with the meat of the SEC season coming up.

I'm still gonna say that all we need is ADEQUATE play from the QB position for LSU to be a legitimate contender for an SEC title at the very least. The problem is that currently we are not getting anything close to adequate QB play from JJ and no indication it's going to happen anytime soon. He's started 18 games now and is REGRESSING. That's a problem. After three years in the program he should be able to pass for over 100 yds in a game by now. Also, the OL and running game are much better this year which should make his life as a QB a bit easier than it was
    last year. With the way LSU is running the ball this year opportunities to throw the ball are there for him. Instead, teams keep loading up the box because they know there's no way in hell that JJ can hurt them throwing the ball. :rolleye33: There's a problem with that and it's time for JJ to sit & watch for a bit.

We don't need a superstar QB, just one that can get the ball to the playmakers on the team when necessary. It's almost criminal that we continue to play a QB who seems to be incapable of getting the ball to players like Randle, Tolliver, Shep, etc. Yes, there have been drops. But the bigger problem is that JJ, for whatever reason, can't make the plays to get the ball to them consistently. It's time to give Lee his shot, IMO. I don't care what happened two years ago. Let's see what the kid can do now.

It's quite possible that neither JJ or Lee is the real answer this season. Only time will tell. But to be quite honest, I'm hoping like hell that Mettenberger decides to show up wearing purple & gold in Baton Rouge next year. :LSU231: