Spring Break!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roussel_10, Apr 12, 2003.

1. roussel_10

roussel_10 Founding Member

Woohoo, Spring Break for all us students, i hope everyone has a wonderful week, i know i will. I'm off to Panama City til Wednesday then it's home to Atlanta til Easter. Just checked semester book and I got a 100 on a Geography test and a 96 on a Biology test, I'm psyched and ready to party. If anyone else is going to PC, I'll be at the Best Western, look for a lifted white Tacoma; you find me and i'll buy you a drink!

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I have to stick around Baton Rouge until at least Sunday due to needing to meet with my group for an ISDS project. I should be heading back to Shreveport on Monday morning more than likely. It will kind of suck going back to Shreveport because my friends at LSUS were on break last week and La Tech had their break about a month ago. Hmmmm, I wonder when Northwestern has their break, I may need to head there and hang out with some friends.

3. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

NSU is out this week i think

4. BayouBengal

WATCH OUT NATCHITOCHES!! Penny pitchers on Tuesdays at Yesterdays!! I am coming to take over!

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

heh, thats funny to see someone who goes to yesterdays. its such a small place...small world.

IMO penny pitchers are the only good things about that place...and sometimes the beer tastes like fruit juice its so weak...but oh well...its a penny

always becarful in natchitoches 95% of the girls there have some type of STD

6. BayouBengal

Yeah all Yesterdays is good for is the cheap beer and it's within walking distance to my friends house as long as I dont fall into the Cane River while walking over the bridge.

I have heard stats about STD's and Natch. NOt sure on any official numbers but I guess in towns like that you have nothing better to do than drink and screw. HAHA

7. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i HAD to go to nsu for a few semesters right after high school...and i remember taking an orientation class that was about all the dirty girls on campus.

ill be honest there were some really hot girls there....only problem...every other guy thought so to (and had his shot).

dang, im glad to be out of that town

8. NSUDemon

NSUDemon Freshman

95%?? wow that's scary

Wouldn't doubt it though.

Anyways, to the point. Can someone tell me a good club students from LSU go to. I was told to check out the Tiger's Den. What kind of club is that, hopefully not techno.

By the way, yes we are out this week!

9. BayouBengal

Re: 95%?? wow that's scary

Well, the Tigerland bars arent so much techno, but it is a lot of rap music mixed in with a few cliche rock songs. But Tigerland is your biggest concentration of LSU students at bars. Go to Reggies for some youngins and try Fred's or Bogie's if you want them a bit older. The Tigerland Bars are your typical college bars though with a cover and crummy drink prices. For something different try going north of campus and check out a live show at The Varsity.

I don't know how crowded the places will be this week. I was at Reggies on Friday night and it was barely half full at its peak. I did see a few local celebrities there though.

10. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

heh, i was exagerating quite a bit, but it is very very high.

i personally hate natchitoches so i didnt care that much about being at NSU...i will say this though...those were the nicest and most considerate professors and teachers ive ever had.

as far as BR goes....there are the TigerLand bars...they are mainly your greek booty music clubs....mixed in with some gayass TRL type music (like the pinnacle).

take up B.B. on his advice about the varsity....i know trust company and the all american rejects will be there shortly.

i also like to go to ichabods (on chimes ...close to the varsity) every now and then. sometimes they'll have some quality bands...its a smaller place...and you dont have to put up with a lot of bullshit (like you do in tigerland)...just people having fun.

dont like techno? (good!)...then stay away from the element.