Spring Break!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roussel_10, Apr 12, 2003.

1. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

You guy's make me feel old i graduated in 84 and it sounds like all the clubs i remember are gone.... The Bengal, Brass Rail, Murphys,
    Mothers Mantle, Is the Bayou still Open or the library..... Sigh i Miss L.S.U. .... expect my Freshmen dorm West Stadium...... well Drink one for me Guy's and enjoy you Years at L.S.U. I DID

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

XLN, I graduated in '93 and I don't recognize any of these names (Except Fred's and Varsity). The bar formerly known as Sports is now Reggies. The Bayou burned to the ground last year.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yesterday's. Ever had their TikiBowl does that little oriental guy still run the place ??

When I was there, I ran a bar called the Student Body on Hwy 1 Bypass across from the Cotton Patch. Between Antoons and the Body I was never at home, class then work.. Class then work. But working at a bar is not really work.

Lots of memories in Natchitoches.

As far as LSU bars, Yes Murphy's, Sports, the Alligator Bar on a Sunday night, the Bengal.. Greatness. Man I am getting old.

Love it there.
    Fork Em..

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I went to The Body once in Natch. Yes I have had the Tiki Bowl's at Yesterdays, TIKI TUESDAYS! The girls would get the bowls while me and my buddy would get the penny pitchers. Hmmm, the last time that happened I was passed out halfway in a yard and halfway in a street. Weird night................

In BR, Sport's = Reggies and The Stadium Club is now The Tiger Bar. I have to say Tiger Bar is the worst most sceevy one of Tigerland. It is pretty sad in there, I once saw a pregnent chick doin her thing on the dance floor one night there.

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Which was The Tiger before that.

I remember seeing Shaq and Stanley Roberts together in The Tiger one night wearing dreadlock wigs. The place was packed but you could easily see these guys across the room standing so much taller than everyone else.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I see a fair share of local celebs at the various establishments. I saw Bradie James and Reggie Robinson the oter night. My roommate has had a few classes with Reggie over the last few years plus we are all from Shreveport so when he sees him out they'll say what up and all that stuff.

Anyone ever go out uptown in New Orleans? I usually end up at Bruno's, Quills, or Fat Harry's. My friend hates The Boot so I never end up there. Ive never been to Friar Tucks although I have heard good things.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I know Murphy's had to close down after a frat pledge died after drinking too much there.

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Have lots of fun memories of the Gator Bar. it's still their but has been polished up a bit. Has a huge covered back patio now. Plus the area has changed dramatically.....the "gravel road turn-off" to the Gata bar is now paved with +$300K houses and across the street from the turn-off is a neighborhood of +$500K houses.

My neighbor still goes their on occassion and said a couple yrs ago he ran into Saban and his staff there one Sunday afternoon.