Spring Depht Chart

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigernut4, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

Spring practice is getting really close(ALREADY, seems like yesterday when we crushed the vols and illini)
    QB-your guess is as good as mine i ll go with Mauck Clausen Randall
    RB-since Toe is injured DD will get the nod Davis,Adaii,Henderson
    FB-Solomon Lee and Korey Herbert
    TE-Eric Edwards and Marcus SPears
    SE-Michael CLayton,Jerel Myers Corey Webster
    FL-Reggie Robinson,Jack HUnt, Bennie Brazzel
    LT-Rodney Reed
    RT-Andrew WHitworth
    LG-Petermen
    RG-Sale
    C-Wilkerson
    LE-Ken Allen marcus Spears
    re-MArquis Hill
    LT-Bryron Dawson,Torran WIlliams
    RT-Chad LAvalais
    LOLB-Jeremy Lawerence
    MLB-Jason Leduex
    ROLB-Bradie James
    SS-Travis MOses
    FS-Norman Leujeune
    LCB-Demetrius Hookfin
    RCB-Damien James
    K-John Corbello
    P-DOnnie JOnes

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Do you guys really think we wont have Toe? Im not saying we will, only hoping. And I dont mean that to diminish DDs abilities, he is certainly capable as we saw in the Sugar Bowl. However, I would rather see his versatility used returning kicks, and Toe's power and strength hitting the line. We need a bruiser like Toefield at TB. Maybe DD will put on a little more size and become a better all-around back than a less than 100% Toe, but then who will return kicks? Devery Henderson? Jerel Meyers? In my opinion, Meyers will be playing too much at WR to return kicks also.

Another thing to think about is the fact that DD will be a senior, and Toefield a junior. If Toe isnt capable of playing he could feasibly receive a RS year and have 2 more years of eligibility after DD is gone. DD could break out this year and ride the momentum he built in the post season last year, becoming as productive as Toe was in 2001. Henderson does have some good speed, so he might do well returning kicks.

Im also curious to see whether or not Travis Daniels can get in the mix. He showed some ability in the SECCG and Sugar Bowl. He is the tallest of our CBs. I expect to see him some as the nickel back, maybe alternating with Gay or even being a permanent fixture. I dont know, just throwing out some thoughts.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I have a lot of confidence in DD carrying the load but he probably won't have to with Toe and the rest of the guys coming back. I'm pretty sure (not positive) that Toe has already used his redshirt to recover from his HS ACL injury.

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

no, i'm pretty sure toe didn't use his rs. After his injury in hs his junior year he sat out his senior year. I'm pretty sure he graduated in 99 which would mean he hasn't used it yet, but i might be wrong.