Spring FB Game vs Final Four

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Laminator, Mar 28, 2006.

1. friday

friday Founding Member

as gumborue implied, at this point, who cares about hte spring game, even if it did conflict with the Final 4 game. It's a intra-squad scrimmage, big frickin deal. we are in the Final 4, get with it timmy.

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The spring game is a very distant forth or fifth on the list of importance in my book.

3. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Have you ever listened to his national sports radio show on Sporting News Radio? He spends half the three hours usually talking about LSU and the Saints. Obviously, when he is the studio host on a national pregame show on CBS, he can't sit there and give LSU all the love - he has to be neutral. Also, do you think it's just happenstance that he usually announced the LSU basketball games when they were nationally televised? He gives nothing but Louisiana props whenever the situation is appropriate. But as a national sportscaster, he can't sit there and talk only about LSU

4. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Yea, I see my son's T-ball game is scheduled for Monday night. I think he just might be coming down with something, better keep him home. :rofl:

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

:hihi:

Freaking fly boys!

6. razer

razer unregistered offender

well, not to be disagreeable here but, I heard him on the radio this afternoon on the way to work (discussing the exact questions posed in the article) and what's printed there is not exactly what I heard. what I got out of it was that he was blaming the LSU administration for scheduling the game on the same day as the Final 4...more or less saying that the culture we have developed revolves for the most part around football and pushing the other sports aside when any football-related event is planned. in no way did I take him to bash the LSU fanbase and I believe he did clarify that by saying something to the effect of, "not blaming the fans".

the guy is from Shreveport, he may not drink purple kool-aid but he sure as hell is on our side. man, I don't get how people on the board can rip and burn coaches and Skip but Brando (a media homer for us if there ever was one) says one thing about the Spring Game scheduling conflict and he gets basted...

7. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

It sucks for me, because I love going to the Spring Game. I'm going to have to miss it because I'm gonna be in Indianapolis. GEAUX TIGERS!!

8. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

So what time is the spring game, and on what day? I am too lazy to look it up...

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

For onething, I believe Brando is correct in almost all of his opinions and the things he says are never out of spite or hate like many a sportswriter who covers the tigers. He actually bases his opinions on real facts instead of twisting things around.

I also believe he is right in this statement as it would have served LSU and it's traveling football/bball fans if the spring game was a week later, but they can't now due to the number of days they get to practice. We do have many fans that attend every event possible, kind of reminds me of guys that thoughtlessly schedule their weddings on an LSU gameday and then are horrified when they realize the mistake.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Saturday at 1 pm.