Spring football starts today!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Mar 17, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Who is going to step up and earn a starting spot this spring?

I'm betting on Justin Vincent at RB, Terrill McGill at OL, and Shyrone Carey at WR.

Any chance Harrison, Ricard, or Clausen will step up and beat out Mauck and Randall at QB?

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Is McGill an OT or an OG? What about Nate Livings? Would Carey be a 3rd receiver behind Clayton and D. Henderson? Is Carey going to play RB at all? I kind of like him as a change of pace RB and 3rd down back too. I'd think it would be difficult for a DL to find such a small guy and wrap up.

If Saban moves one of the QBs ahead of Randall, I think that is a sign that he thinks Randall should transfer to Southern. If Randall isn't in the top 2 after spring, I don't think he'll ever be again. I still think Randall can become a consistent QB and win more big games but I'm hoping our other QBs are so good that they pass him up.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

are the practices open to watch?

4. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I'm looking for Skyler Green and Bennie Brazell to step it up this Spring. I think Skyler is second to Devery Hendersen when it comes to speed and quickness. We all know if these two get loose, its off to the races and no ones catching them. They have the big play potential everytime they touch the ball b/c of their speed. I also think we need to take advantage of Bennie's speed.

I also and hoping that our DBs step up this spring. Wasn't Saban an NFL defensive backs coach? I think he should assume a more active role in coaching the DBs.

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

just wish I could be down there watching them.

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

tigerfan do you know if we can watch?

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I dont think they are completly open. I remember something a couple years ago that people complained about Coach Saban not having an open practice and only allowing the media in for the first part of the practice.

As part of my Kineseology 2519 class we get to go observe one full Spring practice as a class project.

8. LSU Tailgater

LSU Tailgater Freshman

I think that it will be interesting to see about the LB situation. I will be curious to know who steps up and replaces Brady and Jeremy Lawrence. I know that Vaughn played well at the end of last season, but what about the other two?

9. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I read, maybe DD, that practices are closed to the public.

I think McGill is going to be the left OG, Peterson is being moved to right guard. Niswanger will probably end up at Center. Wilkerson is haveing some back problems which creates a need for a backup. Niswanger can play any of the OL positions.

I don' t think Brazell will be much of a factor as long as he spends the spring in Track. I think Greene will be the new star. He has about the same ability as Henderson and is more intense.
    I heard Fisher say last fall that he expects Junior Joseph, the WR from OP Walker, to be a contributer this year. He must have had a good year on the scout teams.

10. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

I want to see how Ricard had progressed.