Spring football starts today!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Mar 17, 2003.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

How tall is Ricard?

I remember that he was 6'4 or so in high school and someone claimed he had grown 2-3 inches since then. Is he in the 6'6 range now? Does he have the ability to be a WR?

2. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I want to see who is going to step up at running back. In the SEC you have to have good running backs that can make the first man miss. This will take a lot of pressure off the quarterback spot if we can run the ball . I think LSU gave up on the run too much last year. I watched LSU run the ball in the first half of the Cotton Bowl and then they just quit trying. I like to see a running game that has some imagination to it. Reverses and misdirection plays mixed in with the off tackle.

3. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I definitely think Jimbo like the quick strikes and the passing game better than calling a lot running plays. I am not sure but I remember something about the Miss State game and Saban forcing all running plays on the one drive in the first half that got us back on track. Until one of the new guys at QB can take over we will have to be a very good running team to be successful. Not to say that we will not or should not throw the ball, but we will just have to establish the ground attach each game and not get away from it. I think with our RB's and lineman we can do this.

4. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Will Justin Vincent be practicing this spring??

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Vincent

Vincent is in school and is practicing. He also practiced with the team prior to the Cotton Bowl game. He shold be ready to go.

6. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

I wouldn't look for Brazelle to do much in the spring either due to track.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

All i have to say is Bull Hurley. He will be a great SEC fullback. I also think Nisswinger (sp) will make an impact.

8. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

I look for nate livings to get a lot of playing time this year. I also have seen Vincent around campus and he has put on some weight. I hope he didn't lose any quickness because if he didn't he will be a badass. To answer the question about Richard, he is like 6'4 or 6'5 and is fast enough to play wr. I heard that he practiced at wr before the cootn bowl, but dunno if it is true or not. If one of the freshman step up I would like to see him move to wr or db. I also would like randall to move to wr or db, but I thik he would transfer first. I think both of them with their abilty could play in the NFL at wr.