Spring Football update: Dammit, Skyler

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Just heard on Buddy Songy that Skyler reaggravated his ankle injury. Haven't heard that anywhere else. Just thought I'd pass that along.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Was this the result of full speed/ full contact practice or what?

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

Didn't catch all of it, but I think I remember hearing it was definitely at one of the practices.

4. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

I hope that if injured again it's not too bad and he can recover for the season. Skyler is a very big part of LSU's offence and can be a game changer
    on special teams.

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Great, Amp Hill all over again. This is like baseball with all the arm injuries.

6. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

I'd have to agree except for the Capitol One Bowl. He looked great in that game. That last touchdown catch (I think it was the last one, when he got all that air) was incredible.

That's not good news, but it's still a while before game time. Let's not worry about it too much yet.

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I *knew* this was going to be about a Skyler Green injury just by reading the title of your post.

"Damn" is right, but I'm really sorry for the guy more than anything. I feel for him if indeed he did reinjure himself, but I really feel for Amp Hill.

Here's to both of them getting to where they need to be ASAP! :thumb:

8. clair

clair Rockets

skyler is a good guy.. he really is...

We need a healthy Green on the field not only to recognize our exceptional talent, but also our exceptional student athletes and people! :)

9. u r tigerbait22

u r tigerbait22 Founding Member

i understand the frustrations with the injury, but i've had a bad ankle injury before...i tore 2 ligaments in my ankle.

to make a long story short, afterwards, anytime i would fall funny i would be on ice for a few days...if it twisted wrong, it swoll up...ankle injuries are very, very difficult to overcome if you don't treat them properly

10. BayouBert

BayouBert Founding Member

We need Skyler for sure...He is a special talent...If he doesn't get back full speed, look for JV to move to the slot receiver...ala josh Reed of late...