Spring Football update: Dammit, Skyler

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Apr 4, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I know one person who turned off the TV before the 4th quarter of the 2004 Capital One Bowl.

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

Today he says he doesn't know details, just that he was fine before spring break but hurt it the first practice after the break. And he also said they're obviously hitting more in practice.

No word yet if it is indeed the high ankle sprain again. Just that he did hurt his ankle, but there's no word on how bad it is.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

So true, I did the same thing and that ankle is still much weaker 35 years later. When it happened the doctor told my mother I would have been much better off if the bone would have gave way and broken instead of the ligaments tearing.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I dont know about that one, I am on my second surgery after breaking my ankle in 03. The doctors say that I will be lucky if it will even get back to 50% this time.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I'm beginning to think doctors tell you stuff just to make your case sound worse. I severely sprained my ankle a few years ago, and he said it would have been better if the ligaments had torn.

Regardless, it hurt like a mofo and still ain't 100% right.

6. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

If you watched Skyler on the sideline in the Saban Bowl, he was in serious pain. He played hurt, and got it together for the one game. Wouldn't surprise me if he was injected. T.O. even played in the superbowl, but i bet he's not running much now. Skyler should have sat out until August.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

He probably will now. I tore just about all of the ligaments in my left ankle playing footbal 23 years ago and I still feel it. I was in a cast for weeks, did all of the right things to heal and I still have problems to this day. Obviously, the medical staff at LSU is keenly aware of ankle problems (Remember Rohan ?) and I'm sure they are treating him the right way. Skyler should sit out the remainder of the spring, its not like anyone doesn't know what he can do.

8. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

he has 5 months to heal the injury. I think he will be fine.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That would be true if he didn't have to work out all summer, practice running routes, running to stay in shape, etc. Hopefully he won't try cutting to sharp on it and no one accidentally steps on him during drills.

10. carwashguy

carwashguy Founding Member

some quotes from skyler

What's you general health condition?

"It's still pretty bad. I just nicked it up today in practice. I had an MRI which reveled that it was bruised and had some swelling inside the ankle. So it still hurts, I just don't know what to do about it."

Do they think that the injury can be fully healed with time?

"They don't know"