Spring Football Update??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DaNutria, Mar 24, 2005.

1. DaNutria

DaNutria Founding Member

I have not heard many updates regarding spring football practice. How is spring practice coming along?

Does anyone have any information about the new defense that is being put in place or if Les is changing any of Jimbo's offense?

Have there been any surprises or disappointments yet?

Thanks for any updates.

:eek:ldskule: :geauxtige :eek:ldskule:

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, its Spring Break at LSU right now and all the students are gone. Practice will resume next week and then more news will be forthcoming.

I'm interested in seeing a mock depth chart for spring practice if somebody has one. Dandy Don has reported Planchard has moved from center to tight end. I'd like to see if more position changes are being tried.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Many of us were hoping that under Miles we would see much more info coming out of the football operation but it appears that he may end up being at least as secretive as Saban. He allows the press less time on the field than Saban did and they are only there during drills, not when they are running plays. :cuss:

4. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

That's not always a bad thing. I like getting as much info on the football team as everybody else, but there are some things that need to be kept in-house. Unlike Bebe Orgeron up in Oxford who has opened practices to anyone - not a smart move there.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The one thing I heard/read about the defense is that some of Pelini's defense is the same as Saban's and the players were adjusting to learning new terminology. Certainly not a big surprise since both use alot of blitz packages. This will be a very interesting spring game. Glad they decide not change the turf. I heard they are going to change it next year but that they are going with purple artificial turf a la Boise State.

6. clair

clair Rockets

I got to see a little bit of a video that Les sent to Ryan from practice, and Alley Broussard is a freak of nature this year!

7. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Mailbag comment from CFN:

All the off-season talk in the SEC this year surrounds Tennessee’s imminent pre-season Top 5 ranking, Spurrier trying to work magic with a penal colony of a program, Florida's return to elite status despite a lack of defensive talent and a completely new offensive system, LSU having the talent of Jessica Simpson with the experience of Ashlee Simpson, Bama's return of their prodigal son in Brodie Croyle, Auburn's young tailbacks having more potential than Cadillac and Brown, and the crazy man now running the ship at Ole Miss.

Funny way of putting it. . .

8. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Yes, that is from a reader (and most likely a Georgia fan), not CFN.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Very true. Last year we had the talent but not the experience.
    This year everybody keeps talking about how many returning starters we have. It's not a team of seniors with years of experience under their belt, but it's certainly a very experienced team. One that played together all last year and is mostly in the same form.

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I find College Football News to be horrible at almost whatever they write.