Spring Forward

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Mar 15, 2005.

1. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Does anybody have some images from spring practice or anything?? I'm desperate!

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

TejasTiger, no doubt we had good defenses the last 3 years or so but I do wonder a little if the absence of full blown tackling hurt LSU early in the season as the past couple of seasons I did notice a lot of missed tackles by LSU, especially vs UGA. But that may have just been their RB's ability, don't know for sure. But like you said, there is more than one way to skin a cat and Miles has to be true toi himself just like Saban was.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Good point. Also, LSU's offensive line has gotten off to slow starts in the last two years before they started dominating their opponents. Perhaps a little more intensity in practice will eliminate this. On the other hand Nick took far fewer practice injuries, especially serious ones, than his predecessors, especially the workaholic Dinardo who was a long-practice, full-speed kind of guy. Nick's teams had better legs on game day than Dinardo's did.

4. BamaHeelBengal

BamaHeelBengal Founding Member

Sounds similar to when Coach Price replaced Coach Fran at Bama. Franchione was more of a drill sargeant and Mike was more approachable and made practice more fun. The players ALL loved him and I still think he would've done well there. I'm NOT saying Les will go get drunk, etc. just noting the differences in style when both coaches came in to a new situation. I bet it works out well for the Tigers.