Spring Game estimate?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Feb 26, 2004.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

This may have been asked before, but how many people do y'all think will show up for the Spring game? I've only been to a few and I remember expecting bigger crowds. With the QB situation and everyone still on a high from last year, I'm going to go out on a limb and say 55,000. I guess this would be about double the biggest crowd for a Spring game. If the weather is nice, I bet there would be a lot of people tailgaiting for it. Is the game the same weekend as Jazz Fest?

I like following LSU basketball and baseball but I'm ready for another dose of football. Just think of the pressure the QBs must feel knowing that everyone on all of the message boards are going to judge them on that one performance.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

what has been the most to attend?

4. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

if they do it on a friday again...id say 15,000

for some reason....the spring game hasnt really been a big draw compared to other schools.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Saturday Apr 24th

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

20-30 thousand. Even though we just won the NC and there is a QB duel, it still is the only a spring game.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

What time in the afternoon is it? I'm going to make the journey over from Houston so I can form my own conclusions about the QBs. I'll need to remind myself that it's only one practice.

My favorite game was the year Ro led his team on the last minute drive (his senior yr) and Teaux got the 2 point conversion for the win. Since there was (virtually) nobody in that endzone, we moved over there and were on the first row. We taped the game and noticed later there's a moment when they had a closeup of us in the same picture as Ro right before the 2 pt conversion.

8. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

I say there will be a TON of people this year, last year there was a pretty good number...and we were comin off an 8-5 season, it was a friday afternoon, and there was a baseball game going on, this year.....it's our first chance to see the team since the NC, and the whole QB situation has taken on a life of its own, saturday afternoon....everyone is off work, people will start comin in friday to tailgate, if the weather is right.....it'll be perfect

9. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

the reason the numbers are low inside is .everyone is outside tailgating cathing up

10. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

I'd say 25k-35k