Spring Game Excitement at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pharpe, Mar 25, 2008.

1. lkwillis@aimcom

lkwillis@aimcom Freshman

Alabama has always had "A-day" as a day the whole campus had activities, Fraternities and Sororities used this day to have special events. it was never just a football day. Last year was special, but both Alabama and Auburn usually have in the 40+ range every year at the game. Also being free helps alot. There are many people in both states that never get a chance to go a game. Spring games allows a family to come to campus, enjoy the day and go inside the stadium and watch your team. No one seems to think it strange when a college fills the gym at 12 midnight to watch the first practice of Basketball season. We are all ready for football to start as soon as possible, because there is no better season. see you in Baton Rouge on August 30th

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I agree

Make LSU the hotspot that weekend with other activities because the actual game will not bring in the crowds.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I meant from a football standpoint. They charge like a buck at most for tickets, so it's not a money maker. We don't need homefield advantage or anything like that. So, a large attendance (or lack of) means very little for the team. IMO, that is why LSU doesn't really push for huge crowds.

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

because it's boring. it's cool to get to watch old favorites and new stars get to make plays but about an hour in they put in guys you'd only know from a program. no offense to welker, but when he started taking snaps i headed back to our tailgate spot.

do they even keep score? i forgot. it needs to be more like a game and less like a glorified practice. i'm more excited to tailgate than i actually am for the game.

5. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

When I was growing up the spring game was a big deal. My dad would take my brother and I to the game every year. I remember a hit in a spring game that might have been one of the hardest hits I've ever seen.

It was a punt return and a guy named Jimmy LeDoux (I believe that was his name) was fielding the punt. As soon as he caught it he was knocked into next week. I don't remember who hit him but it was unreal. I was probably 8 or 9 years old at the time and I still remember that hit. They would put it on "all jacked up" hits segment today.

Too bad they don't conduct it like a regular game but I guess there is too much to lose.

6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

That's what I'm going to do.

7. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Ummm. When is it again?:wave:

8. Kajun4LSU

Kajun4LSU Founding Member

I plan on making a day of it. I have season baseball tickets and will tailgate all day long. I've been to the spring game before and it's not very exciting. But I scout the team (becasue I coach locally) for ideas I can use.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The nationwide series of Gridiron Bash Concerts have been called off by the promoter. This decision a result of the NCAA making a ruling on the participation of student-athletes at the events.

No Kid Rock & Sara Evans.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

on rivals. com earlier either an alabama or auburn guy said he works with them and he was told an sec school complained and due to some rules where you have to have a hearing if a complaint like this is filed they had to postpone it. apparently the unnamed sec school thought it was a big recruiting advantage for the ones that had it and knew if they filed a complaint they would have to postpone it because of some hearings that have to follow the complaint.

since msl is doing all of them they were all canceled, or at least postponed.