Spring Game Excitement at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pharpe, Mar 25, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

email my brother sent me. i am assuming he got it from bamaonline or some bama site.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Just to clarify this a bit...

The email I received from a friend of mine at UA said that the event had been canceled due to an SEC pulling just what TB3 had indicated and he followed that by saying, "...don't start guessing UGA or someone because I can't help you out on this one."

I don't know who it was. I don't know if he knows. Quite frankly, if I were to guess my first thought would be an East team that happens to have a nationally televised event happening on the day of their spring game. It sounds just like something their coach would pull.

I do think it sucks, and not because I was planning on hearing an Alan Jackson concert. UA was leading the online voting by having more than 2X as many votes as the second place school and the ticket sales were going very well. A million dollar donation to the general scholarship fund would have been great!

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Kinda like LSU is leading the rest of the country in BCS NC by 2x as many as the second place school :wave:

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

:hihi::hihi:

5. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

deleted - wrong thread

that's what I get for multi tasking

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I caught a press release this morning at work that the Gridiron Bash has been rescheduled (being done) for the fall of this year. In their release, they said, "the event was postponed because of some unfortunate misinformation by a school about the role that student athletes would play in the event." In real English, a school lied about the participation of student athletes.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Bertman was ahead of the ballgame and I assume other coaches in the SEC were as well. Bertman banned all student athletes from the event and the reason why Miles was used to promote the event. In an article I read he was the 1st in inquire with the Bash on the participation rules.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

From what I recall, UT was the first school to agree to the concert. I have my doubts they would look into those things, but who knows.

I had no plans to attend the concert in the first place considering we are setting up our tent, etc. that evening anyway and then planning on grabbing drinks/food that evening. (TB3- headed to Mugshots if you are interested)

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Ticket sale were going well?

Didn't LSU only sell like 1500 tickets so far?

I mean other places had groups that were more targeted towards the student bodies so they would probably get bigger crowds.

I had no interest in Kid Rock, but 3 Doors Down or someone like that I may have considered going.

Plus all those votes that Bama had in the text thing were from apparent retards. $1 per vote for that damn thing. So, they had donated almost $100,000 to the Bash group, so their school MIGHT win $1,000,000.....

10. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

those were probably $'s from saban future contract years. :hihi: