Spring Game info thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Mar 26, 2010.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Don't think I can say anything about the QB's that hasn't been said.

So a quick comment about the defense. A lot of people are saying they think the D didn't tackle well. I agree, but it looked to me like they were not being very aggressive at all. Maybe not wanting to really get after it against their own teammates came into play. But there were a number of times Mingo or Minter completely disrupted pass plays, but whistles weren't blown because they didn't actually get a hand on the QB. And it seemed like we were in position to make plays most of the day. I suspect under real game conditions against a real opponent we will see a much better defense than what we saw in the spring game.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Look at least I have two brain cells in my head and can tell both QBs played on both teams. Only a retard would think the score had anything to do with who played better in that SCRIMMAGE. Matter of fact Lee ended the game on the winning team.

You can want anything you say, if you want someone to take a knee Jefferson is probably your guy.

As far as Lee, other than 2 bad passes he did all he could with the plays, Mingo was in his face as soon as he dropped back on the other plays... sorry Lee can't block for himself.

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

from the morning rag

sums up LSU and our QBs

I think Lee will start in Atlanta as of right now. just me:tigereye:

It’s a shame for Lee that he threw a pick because otherwise, it seemed like the touchdown pass to Tolliver was more the rule than the exception for his spring.
    He statistically outperformed Jefferson in the three spring scrimmages in which statistics were taken. In the spring game, he was 10-for-20 for 114 yards and a touchdown while Jefferson struggled to an 8-for-23 day for 94 yards and an interception.
    Combining the spring game with the two previous scrimmages, Lee was 30-for-59 for 359 yards with four touchdowns. Jefferson was 24-for-57 for 274 yards and one touchdown.
    That’s probably not enough to create a quarterback controversy. Jefferson is the returning starting quarterback off a bowl team, and that is worth something. And don’t forget, Lee struggled in his 2009 opportunities.