Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 5, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2. LaSalleAve

Well, I guess we have at least 3 more seasons to look forward to with another "duel threat" qb. Yay

3. LaSalleAve

And btw, those stats mean jack shit and we have no idea who is going to start based on this game. I seem to remember Steven Rivers lighting it up last year and Chris Garrett doing the same a few years ago.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Neither have the other two quarterbacks. We are in trouble at QB this season if they can't make a passing game into a threat.

He's history. Why does Les recruit drop-back quarterbacks when he won't play them? Rettig got to throw only two passes yesterday, but one was for 47 yards.

That's not what we are hearing. Les has decided to go with a running quarterback and Rettig is a pure passer.

5. tigerz0202

tigerz0202 Veteran Member

understand that but he seems like he has more upside and might as well get him started now.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

For all his accomplishments last year, Mett was a virtual statue in the pocket and took some nasty shots. Maybe Miles' feels we're better served with a quarterback who can escape pressure.

7. LaSalleAve

Still gotta be able to complete passes. Even the best defense in college football history won't get you a national championship if you have a guy with wheels that can't complete passes.

VampMuse likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Uh, we played Mett

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What we need is both. A guy who can rollout or drop back into the pocket and consistently hit open receivers downfield . . who can also scramble, option, wildcat, and draw. But that magic combination is very rare.

It looks like Les thinks it is easier to make a running quarterback into a passer than the other way around, although it did not work with Shepard. But if we can only have one skill-set . . . I'm a lot more comfortable with a good passer back there, whether he can run or not. SEC defenses will make a one-dimensional quarterback's life miserable quicker than you can say Jefferson-Lee.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I have a feeling that Cam has just as much imput as to who the starting qb will be as Les does and I am very comfortable in letting them make the decision.