Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 5, 2014.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Rettig has had a tough Spring. There were rumblings around campus that Kragthorpe performed better than Rettig the last scrimmage and was close to passing him on the depth chart. He needs to keep working to earn playing time. It is still early in his career.

LSUMASTERMIND and gyver like this.
  2. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

This is the 2nd year in a row. I contacted LSU SPorts and they said there was no broadcast scheduled. Sucks.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Les and co would rather not have the spring game on tv so they can run it like a normal practice and not have to hide what they are working on. Counts as one of their practice days so they want to use it.

TigerTap likes this.
  4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Damn, the LSU Spring game was on the front page of the sports section of our sub-fish wrapper local paper today. Geaux Tigers!

5. dudley

dudley oops!

LOL! I think if it was up to Miles the regular season games would be closed to the public. Think Wisconsin and maybe some others might have had somebody in the stands? I shouldn't say this because I know it's a secret, but here's what LSU is going to do this year. On defense it will be the same as it ever was. On offense first and 10 will be a run. Think toss sweep to the tailback. Second down, another run. Third and short another run. Third and medium, read option to the short side. Third and long, a pass. First down, repeat. Fourth down, punt.

I think we are going to have a pretty good team this year, but what they are going to do ain't no secret. I know what they are going to do. You know what they are going to do. My wife, who barely knows a football from a cushaw knows what they are going to do.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Cam is sooooo predictable !!

titoabad1, StaceyO, TigerTap and 2 others like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Without a QB he just might become so.

furduknfish and Kal-El012 like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I liked our young LBs in action. Jones did very well...

9. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

Yep, Ole Les is going to try and turn us into a predominately running team like Auburm was last season. Problem is we don't have Auburn's offensive line and unless Jeff Grimes is a miracle worker and Leonard Fournette is another Herschel Walker, not being able to pass the football will be a diaster in the making.

You don't step right into the S.E.C. as a true freshman quarterback and tear it up. Maybe HarriSwag will turn out to be another Jameis Winston, but throwing him in as a true freshman is a very high risk thing to do.

Miles would be wise to not run off Rettig just quite yet, but he's probably already getting his transfer papers ready.

There is the real possibility of our offense looking like Florida did last year with Murphy as the QB if it's going to be Harris and Jennings running the show. A very real possibility.

10. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

No kidding right ... that season still makes me sad. Should have went down as the greatest season in college football history.

lsu-i-like likes this.