Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Spring games are glorified practices. I just dont hyperventilate over a freaking spring game and start thinking the season is over. I know what Aranda is capable of in a real game none of us know what Canada's offense can do as a tiger OC I want to see 2 to 3 games to make a judgement.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It doesn't hurt to make observations and discuss. Our offense has sucked in the past, which explains why we're paying special attention.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jalen Hurt got Bama to the title game as a true freshman. Why not Myles 2.0

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For the money he is making he doesn't have a couple of years to "implement his system." I'm not going to freak out over a bad practice game vs a defensive guru but his system needs to be implemented before September 2nd and running on all cylinders by September 16th for the SEC opener at Starkvegas

lsu-i-like and Winston1 like this.
  5. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Everybody has a couple of years. Freaking out about what? We are still having winning seasons. Fair weathered fans is what we have now. Live through the bad years and you may just think the 97 game against Florida was something unbelievable. I have been to the National Championship games that we won. Nothing compares in Tiger Stadium the year we beat Spurrier in 97. Nothing!

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Both Canada and Aranda are on the fast track to head coaching jobs. Aranda has proven his ability already and were it not for a big raise it's likely he would already be gone. Unlike Cam who had a buddy for a boss Canada knows he has to put a product on the field that justifies his salary and keeps him on the speed dials of college AD's looking for a coach, Neither one of those guys is going to be here that long.

Technically, Miles still had an above .500 record.

Keep your mediocre teams who now and then pull a big upset. Yes the Florida win was a great moment in LSU history but pales in comparison to winning the big one.
    LSU spends the money to be in the big leagues with Alabama, Ohio State and the handful of blue bloods of the college football world. Like Ricky Bobby said, "If you ain't first you're last."

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. SaintSlidell

Yes you sound like Ricky Bobby!

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's because I believe in finishing first.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Did Saban retire?

SaintSlidell likes this.
  10. SaintSlidell

Wow you believe in finishing first? OMG you should coach the team. How are you going to get the 5 star talent? The QB we deserve? The better record than Miles (the best in LSU history) How are you going to do it?