Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not the coach. Oeaux has made good hires. While the offense did suck in the spring game it's not as bad as it looks. Look for a monster year from Guice now that he is free from the albatross Elmer Fudd hung around the necks of the passing game. Even with what we've got opposing defenses shouldn't be able to load up the box because they know the playbook better than our own players. It's a real shame LF7 couldn't have played in a system that had evolved from the leather helmet era. Can you imagine how many more yards he would have even with fewer carries. There is a very good reason why nobody has offered Miles a job.

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  2. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Classy reply! I have shared your frustration! I love LSU and we have had it--"very good" over the last couple of decades. It will be very hard to duplicate the machine that the bama boosters and saban have created at the elephant turd.
    I do feel that better things are on the horizon. Maybe not this year. If we can keep things going, I do believe with the right QB we will give it to bammer. Saban is due to face the death penalty that the crimson tide deserves.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This year we have to play 5 SEC road games thanks to Stinkey bending over for the gay turds. Only home games are Auburn, R Kansas and aTm but they are all games we should win. Should beat the cowbells on the road and Ole Miss won't be as good as in the last few seasons even if they aren't decimated by probation. Butch Jones hasn't really been keeping up with the Jones's or even pulling even despite the potential so @Tennessee will be a win if the Tigers have their game faces on a week after the annual post bama letdown vs the Hawgs. LSU will be favored in every game not played in Tuscaloosa or Gainesville. Can we beat Florida? Yes. Will we? I don't know.

Best case scenario, 11-1 or 10-2. I still believe Etling can be an effective game manager if he stays healthy. The whole team needs to stay healthy. O line should be OK but lack experience beyond the starters. WR's should be a bright spot despite the loss of Dupre and Dural. Guice needs to stay healthy or its RB by committee. DBU just reloads and there is some quality at LB and DL but once again the lack of depth could be a gamebreaker if the starters don't stay healthy. I don't know what special teams will be like but they can't be any worse that the stumbling Pevetos.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  4. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

I like your optimism. Personally I do not see it this year. We will not run the football at will, like we have for more than the last fifteen years. The one thing that Miles did is make us a power running team. We will try different sets and will not be as successful. We just do not have the Oline we have had in the past. Either we learn to make quick dump off's in the backfield or we are doomed to inefficiency. We do not have the receivers we have had in the past. We definitely do not have a QB. If we win 7 or 8 games I will be happy. The defense is a work in progress. Hopefully we hold our own because this year we need to attract young talent to carry it forward.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Miles teams never ran the football at will against really good defenses. His philosophy only worked when we could out talent the opponent.

Dump offs in the backfield is a part of football that has been neglecting for the last 11 years, as well as the utilization of the TE.

We have Chark and some quality depth at the position. Out of the depth I expect at least a couple of them to emerge as legit SEC receievers.

Who are the 4 or 5 teams you predict losses to? I'll give you Bama and Florida but we should be favored against everybody else. Which 3 or 4 games will be upsets?

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It's impossible!

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It's not just the QB; WRs need to step it up too. Passing game looked as shit as we're used to. It is true that Canada makes good money to figure it out. Eaux needs to win the games he should win; all of them. And he needs to nut up like we haven't vs Bama in years. Hard to see that last happening without serious improvement in the passing game. Very disappointed at the progress thus far. It's early which means small sample size and maybe at the start of the learning curve, but glad to hear Eaux acknowledge the passing game isn't getting R done.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU should be the favorite in 10 games, barring the unexpected emergence of one of the foes as a contender. I don't see Moo U or Ole Miss getting better. The tan they got from their moment in the sun is fading fast. Arkansas? Don't see them as an equal but the timing of the game is not good. The Faggies? They are our bitch. Auburn will be better than last year but we get them in Death Valley. That leaves the question mark @Tennessee. Granted, we could lose to one of the above as well as
    Bama and Florida but not more than one. 9-3 at worst.

That's one of the things I like about Oeaux. He tells it like he sees it. Can you imagine what Miles would have said.

9. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

It's going to be nice not having to hear either of those names this season.

10. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Ok I've just seen the names Brett Favre and Joe Montana used in references to Danny Etling. Exactly how much drinking does go on in here???

lsu-i-like, Bengal B and TerryP like this.