Spring Power Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CoastalNole, Mar 27, 2007.

1. CoastalNole

CoastalNole Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I can't see it at work. What does it say?

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Check your pm, I sent it.:thumb:

4. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

1. LSU - Though likely number one overall draft pick JaMarcus Russell is gone, a strong core returns, especially on defense, to make the Tigers the favorites in the brutal SEC West. Under center, senior Matt Flynn has starting experience and a rising superstar in Early Doucet to throw to. Their is no glaring weakness on this team.

I likie a lot.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I saw Ole Miss on one of those lists and quit reading immediately.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

LOOKING GOOD!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. JakeTheTiger

JakeTheTiger Founding Member

Yeah, I don't think ol' Charlie Kay follows football too closely.

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Those are nice comments. Our defense should not miss a beat. Nobody will replace LaRon Landry, but with our front 7, we should have enough pressure on the other offense that it will take some pressure off our safeties. I think we'll be ok.

Our running game should be improved with the young backs being more mature, provided the o-line recovers from last years subpar performance. There is no way the passing attack can be as good as last year, after losing Russell, Bowe, and Davis. That would just be expecting a miracle IMO. That said, if we just slip a little, we'll can still be very good, but last year I thought we were EXCELLENT throwing the ball. I hope Flynn, Doucet, LaFell, TBN and an improved o-line make me eat my words next December.

Sometimes a work ethic takes over, or a special bond forms on a team, and I hope it happens next season for the Tigers and we can do something special, maybe!

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I think the running game is going to be deadly. The emergence of Kieland Williams in the latter half of the year, all the praise about Murphy coming out of spring, plus a few option plays here and there gives us the potential to be outright lethal on the ground. This will make us much less dependent on the passing game, which was our only downfall last year.

1 person likes this.