Spring practice begins!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Oliverjuggs, Mar 7, 2015.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There's no whiff on Golson.

Even IF he'd have decided to transfer to LSU there's little guarantee his transfer would have been approved by the conference.

Here's another of those conference rules that baffles me a bit. A grad transfer must have had a clean record at the school he's leaving. (Why that doesn't apply to undergrad transfers? I've not a clue.)

LSU would have to have made an appeal to the conference offices (in Birmingham, controlled by the REC) and asked for a waiver on Golson due to him missing the entire 2013 season for being academically ineligible.

Considering all the talk of Miller transferring was spurred by Miller himself...and, in my opinion, Miller isn't clever enough to be doing that to keep his name in the news...there's not a lot of me that believes there was a chance in the first place. I'm leaning towards thinking that all the talk about Cardele Jones led to him talking to his peers and starting those stories.

There's a few threads here talking about the different story lines. If you have the time you should look them up. It paints a pretty clear picture.

THEN there's the choice...do you really want a summer transfer starting this fall?

Brian likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I believe I was first to say there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that he was ever coming to LSU.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Now you sound like red taking the field. Tell us who is coming to play qb not the entire world who isn't.

I got Jordan Jennings.

4. shane0911

Now you sound like Red, we all know he will be the damn qb. 2 more years.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Jefferson was light years better and thats saying something.

Brian likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You both sound like you don't know shit. But you surely love to bitch and make predictions based on emotions.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. shane0911

Well, we have you pegged

8. red55

I doubt it.

9. red55

If he can beat out what we've got, I don't care.

10. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I'm not a big Anthony Jennings fan, but he had more perfectly thrown passes flat out dropped last year by Trey Quinn alone than I think JJ did his entire career. AJ has very little touch and poor footwork which leads to inaccuracy, but he got very little helps from his receivers.

Hopefully Malachi runs more than just the fade corner route this year in the red zone. That or LSU hires Cris Carter to drill him on keeping his feet in bounds.

I'm anxious to see which WR becomes our top target. Dural is flashy with speed for days. Quinn is great at finding the short open spots in the coverage. Dupre has everything you want, but we just haven't seen him put those skills together yet. The guy I'm most curious about is Diarse. He's a monster physically. Could be a truly dominant presence run blocking, and I think he'd have been our top target last year with a more seasoned and accurate passer.

Tyron is obviously an unknown X Factor in the mix.

Anyone know if Avery Peterson is ever going to see the field at wideout?

cajdav1 likes this.