Spring practice begins!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Oliverjuggs, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Watch Jazz Ferguson. He is 6'5" and should be tough to cover.

Brian likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

He bigger than A&M's Mike Evans coming out of high school. He should be fun to watch

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

How do I kn0w what exactly? That neither of them will be playing QB for LSU this fall? That Jennings will be the starter? Or that our current QB situation can't get worse?

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Read your comment sport as you apparently can't remember. You said we whiffed on Golsen and Braxton Miller. How do you know that? Try to focus on one thing at a time. Walk before you run.

Brian likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

To be fair, there was never any chance of anyone transferring into LSU so to say we missed on them is sort of a stretch.

As for our current situation, yeah that's a hot mess.

Brian and furduknfish like this.
  6. TigerBacker70

It looks a lot to me like I made several different assertions, Sport. Maybe you might bone up on reading comprehension some, or be more clear with the questions you're asking.

To address what you're asking (since you've now clarified it), I drew the conclusion that Braxton Miller's enrollment in Ohio State for the spring semester as a sign that he isn't coming here. Judge my assessment as you will. I read a very recent CSN Chicago article regarding the QB battle this spring at ND that led me to believe that Golson's not coming here. Do with that what you will.

7. TigerBacker70

That too. I think that there was some chance. Who can say how much of a chance? But I was never very optimistic about the chances that it would materialize. Clearly others think it might still happen.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

My reading comprehension is fine matey. In your first comment you used the term whiffed which implies that we tried and were rejected. Where is your evidence to support that?

COTiger likes this.
  9. TigerBacker70

You inferred that was my meaning. To explain my thoughts to you further, my implication is that both of those quarterbacks were possibly available and that either would likely be a significant upgrade to what we had last season, and that neither of them are or will be wearing purple and gold - for whatever the reasons might be. Whiffed, as in it failed to come to fruition. Didn't happen. Came up empty. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. I can't know that LSU made a solid offer to either and was rejected becasue I never read anything credible that said that an offer was made. If it were made, it probably wouldn't be public. If offers weren't made, they should have been. That's what's called my opinion, feel free to disagree with it.

To recap, LSU Came up empty (whiffed) in bringing Golson or Miller to lead the team in 2015. Whether they offered and were or rejected, or whether no offer was ever made. Pro Tip: You can strike out swinging with all your might, or by just standing there watching it pass you by. Either way you're still out.

Does that explanation make it easier for you to comprehend the unfathomable depth of the simple comment I made, bucko?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not hardly. Quinn had a bad game against Alabama with 2 third-down drops, but on the season he was catching them pretty well for a true freshman starting, especially early.

tigermark likes this.