Spurrier in for a culture shock

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Jan 14, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

This is old news I know and has nothing to do with LSU but what else do we have to talk about...

Spurrier is in for a culture shock. All those little mind games he plays and the power he has over an 18 year old kid (Which he should as much as we dislike him he is an awesome College HC)
    Those days are over.

Welcome to the days of players like Fred Smoot who thinks he hung the moon when actually Josh Reed hung 200+ on him.

Welcome to guys like Randy Moss - WHo is a gangster who plays "when Randy wants to play"

Welcome to hold outs in training camp.

Welcome to Free Agency where you will never ever be able to sustain a championship team.

Welcome to playing on a level playing field. Your coaching is more important. - Lets face it some of those gator teams I could have coached to 10 wins.

I wish you luck Steve. I am happy you are gone but I have respect for what you have accomplished. Those late night sprints wont go ever. When the Doo Rag DB or who are you ? QB says sorry coach. I got to get into my benz I have a commercial to shoot.

Good Luck with all of that.....
    You may more $$$ but you will regret the choice. You could basically hand out flyers in florida and get 5 star recruits.

2. MemphisTigerFan

MemphisTigerFan Freshman

Spurrier gone.......

Well said.....I have been trying to come up with an emotion that would really say how I felt about this UF coaching change. The only thing that really excites me is the fact that we will never have to see that smug looking face, with that smirky stupid looking grin on the floor of Death Valley again. In his own right he is a good coach with a lot of killer instincts, that usually frustrates and angers opposing fans like myself. But, he is a college level coach. One who doesn't have to put up with the attitudes of pro players like you have mentioned. I think the glory days of Steve Spirrier has been put on hold for a while, until he gets fired in the NFL and comes back to the college ranks, and you know he will come back.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yup... One down one to go. Once we rid ourselves of that cancer known as Tubyville then the SEC will have a good crop of great coaches.

I am on the fence on the coaching change. Lets be honest Florida has treated us like Ned Beatty in deliverence for the last 12 years so until we turn that around I wont be doing cart wheels. I think they are on the way down. But we will see.

The fact is we have probably the best coach in the SEC now and that my friend is much to smile about..

geaux Tigers