Spurrier new Cock HC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, Nov 23, 2004.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Spurrier signed a 7 year deal worth 1.25 mil. per season.

I really thought the Gamecocks would have opened up the wallet a little more to get him there.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

We've always known he was a COCK, but now it's official. :D

I, too, am surprised they got him so cheap

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Spurrier already has a pile of money. I'll bet he was more interested in finding a program in a major conference, with a large fan base, and close to warm-weather golf courses. I'll bet he gets a membership in Augusta, too. What is that worth? There are sure to be other perks not mentioned in his salary. He'll get a huge TV, radio, and shoe contract package and probably has incentive clauses that would add bonuses for championships and bowl games.

4. Rece@2022

Rece@2022 Founding Member

what do you think the chances of the ole ball coach convincing perilloux to come play for fun and gun? He won't have to sit behind anyone and start from day 1. I say the cocks will be competetive in just a couple of seasons.

go tigers, beat them hogs

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

It will be interesting to see if Visor Boy gets a membership at Augusta National as part of the package. Hootie Johnson said it wasn't part of the package a couple of days ago, but I expected that.

Holtz is a member, but I think he was admitted when he coached the Hogs. Frank Broyles is a long time member at AN and he probably pulled the strings to get Lou the membership.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

If he does, it will be kept quiet.:thumb:

7. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I heard he's getting Pat Summit's membership.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Seven year deal ? That's awefully close to the ten years Spurrier claimed the next Florida coach would need to commit to be he couldn't ? Further, he accepts b4 Florida finds it new coach. Spurrier must really have big time issues with Foley.

Isn't it ironic that in beating FSU @ FSU, Zook accomplished something the old ball coach never could !

9. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I 'spect Spurrier will only be at USC long enough to beat the snot out of UF so badly that they fire their AD! Then, he'll storm into Gainesville and take Foley's home, his women, and his job!

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I read an article a couple of days ago (FL paper I think) that suggested Visor Boy was more than a little miffed when he or his agent was told by the UF administration something to the effect, "You can submit your resume and you will be considered along with other applicants." I suspect his bruised, massive ego couldn't handle it :cry: