Spurrier Nightmare

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Feb 6, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That's probably the most accurate post on this thread!!

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I say the only SEC school he goes back to is Florida. And right now, Ron Zook is in a prime position to be fired. If he loses 5 games again (6 with the horrible loss in the bowl game), then it's adios and Spurrier will come back.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I knew I was leaving a school out.

4. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I agree with islstl, Florida would be it. I don't think most people realize the animosity between TN and Spurrier, I don't think they would have him. I guess Bama and Ga would be long shots. I really don't see him going to a team in the East though.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

What you're failing to realize is that Spurrier is a COLLEGE FOOTBALL COACH, ahead of anything. Are you gonna tell me that a simple college rivalry between his old school will prevent him from taking a coaching job at a bigtime college like Tenn. Money talks my friend. When Spurrier decides to resume coaching he will be looking for a program that will pay him the $ and a program that is willing to provide him with whatever it takes to make that program a national power. I highly doubt he would turn down an opportunity at Tenn. because of a petty rivalry. As far as Bama and UGA go, you give me one good reason he wouldn't coach at either of these schools if given the opportunity. Remember, it has to be a GOOD reason.

6. tigger1

tigger1 Founding Member

The Texas fans would love to SOS as their coach, while Mack is a great recruiter he isn't near the coach of SOS talent. If SOS goes to Texas, OU will have to battle it out every year with them to win the Big 12 South.
    One other thing Steve can coach the talent on the team and will improve them as the years go by and want have to count on talent alone to win the game.
    The talent Mack has had at Texas the last 5 years he should have won at least one or two Big 12 titles.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He wouldn't turn down millions in my opinion but I don't think UGA would offer him if Richt ever leaves, which I think will not happened. Now Bama would probably jump at him in a minute if Shula can't get the program on track but IMO he will get at least 2 more years to get established and Visor Boy will already have a job.

Tennessee would not offer him, period. Even if Phat Phil were to retire they would not offer Spurrier, they hate him from the president on down.

Ole Miss couldn't compete salary wise.

Tex-ass and North Carolina are the 2 most logical places for Spurrier to go if they fire their HC's and that is a good prospect. They both have tons of money and fertile recruiting area's, especially Texas. But at NC he could re-aquaint himself with UM and FSU.

8. Erin Krohl

Erin Krohl Founding Member

I'd love it if Spermier went to UNC - I already can't stand them!! More reason to despise them - such a joke football in the ACC - that's why they BUY their teams....

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Monstrous homemade beer belch ... as I stated month's ago, he'll go to ...

~~~~~~~~T~~~~~~~~~E~~~~~~~~X~~~~~~~~A~~~~~~~S~~~~~~~~

10. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Tennessee will stay with Fulmer. If for some reason he quit, Spurrier would be an option. He is originally from just outside of Knoxville.