Spurrier not worried about the noise

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by edyel, Sep 19, 2007.

1. edyel

edyel edyel

From the dailygamecock.com.................................................................................South Carolina got some good news earlier in the week when it was announced that Saturday's game would be an afternoon game.

LSU plays almost all of their home games at night, an atmosphere that has proved overwhelming for their opponents.

Spurrier said that even though he couldn't quite say which stadium is the loudest, he knew that Tiger Stadium has some of the loudest fans around, but doesn't expect his team to bow to the pressure.

"That really hasn't bothered our guys," he said. "In fact, after our game last week I said we're better in the loud ballparks because our quarterback can't audible. We had some bad audibles last week, went back and got sacked and fumbled." It sounds like a call to arms for all Tiger fans in the stadium to me to be REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:geauxtige LSU!

2. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

thats what he said the day before Herb Tyler ran wild on him, and ole Bob Stoops

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

no, it sounds like tiger fans should be uncharacteristically quiet so mitchell audibles and screws up.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, Spurier did play in The Swamp for ten years, which is another very loud stadium.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Dont want to be a downer but he talked about how it was loud. He just said it wouldn't be too bad because basically you get to practice in other loud SEC stadiums.

6. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

Coach Superior may not mind the noise but he is not playing QB. They better worry about the defense their facing. And if this game is like the previous 3 games Mitchell won't have to worry about the noise past midway thru the 2nd qtr because he'll be on the bench.:thumb:

7. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

Well, you're right about at least one thing. They get to "practice" in other loud SEC stadiums, but they will meet the real thing this week!

8. edyel

edyel edyel

In my opinion the crowd at the VT game made a huge contribution to the final score by pumping up the players into a frenzy. If we can get TS rockin' like it was then for this game I believe it will also give our players a big edge. No need to over analyze the spirit of the post,it is to get as many fans in the stadium as possible and be loud. :thumb:

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I agree, it makes a huge difference. If we get a lead their is no doubt the noise plays a significant factor in keeping that lead.

10. ToraToraTora

ToraToraTora Freshman

This time it's my turn. I WILL be there and I WILL be LOUD!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :usaflagwa :911: :usaflagwa

1 person likes this.