Spurrier quote

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Spurrier: "We do not have to play perfect to win (at LSU)."

Stole it from another thread but I'm hoping our team catches wind of this quote, so I'm helping to promote it:grin:

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Sure they don't. He doesn't believe that, his players don't believe that, and our players will make sure that SC perfection is impossible (which I figure it is anyway.)

3. BigHouseDon

BigHouseDon Founding Member

I'm thinking they should aim for better than perfect. I don't believe just perfect will be quite good enough. :)

BHD

4. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

What is the current line with LSU/USC?

I doubt it is more than a touchdown either way, correct?

5. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

-16 LSU

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

boy, youre really reaching for bulletin board material. anyway, i think the quote could actually be taken as a complement

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

In a recent interview, he also said he’d told Miles, upon accepting the job here, that he got “The best job ever in the history of college football”. Added that we had good players up and down the field but could only put 11 out on the field at one time.

Another thing Spurrier said was that he voted LSU No. 1 in the latest Coaches poll

I'd like to say be nice to our next coach :hihi: but when it was brought up, that if Lloyd Carr got fired, his name would surface with the LSU job, he said "Tell LSU they had a shot at me back in 1986. I didn't even get a second interview back then." Course, Saban said he wasn't leaving too.......TWICE. :dis:

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

\

It's hard to imagine you actually believe that, but for some reason I don't think you do.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

FWIW, I watched the Spurrier show Sunday morning just to see what, if anything, he might have to say about the LSU game. I'll admit I may have missed that line, but I'd swear I didn't hear anything like that.

What I did hear? Special teams play= bad. Passing game= bad. Running game= the only thing we are doing, and what we went to so we could win the game vs South Carolina St. Defense= we're doing ok.