spurrier returning to UF!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by litigator, Oct 13, 2002.

1. litigator

litigator Freshman

Just heard that Spurrier and Redskins owner Daniel Snyder got in a big fight today after the Redskin's lost by three touchdowns! Spurrier reportedly remarked that if he kept on being treated like a little boy (much like he used to treat the SEC), that he could go where he was appreciated. I assume (and hope) he meant Florida ;) ;)

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

You can hope all you want, I don't see Spurrier leaving any time soon (if he does leave I expect him to land with another NFL team). Florida will get over this, and the coaches and players will eventually click. However, it is about damn time Florida took it on chin. After years of dominating the SEC, you guys have a bulls eye on you that everybody is going to try and hit.

3. Pitkin Tiger

Pitkin Tiger Founding Member

If things continue on present course...

Florida will be looking for a new HC again and Spurrier will be looking for a new HC position. Dan Snyder is a man with absolutely NO patience. He doesn't understand why all that money he has thrown around is not resulting in Super Bowls, much less wins. He fired Norv Turner who is well respected in the league, fired Marty Shottenheimer after one year and he is doing pretty good in San Diego right now (about 3 games better than the 'Skins), and he won't change for Visorboy. If Spurrier doesn't start winning soon, the Redskins will turn into the biggest joke in the NFL next to the Cincy Bengals, and Snyder will not take that lightly.

4. IslandGator

IslandGator Freshman

No Way

Spurrier won't go back to UF. Call me crazy, I don't think we would take him back. He was tired of being a college coach and it was time to move on. He will be successful in the NFL, he and everyone else said he would need time (read: this year) to feel out the players on his team and make adjustments for a run next year. Given time, I guarantee his offense will be successful in the NFL.