Stadium Atmosphere Question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

For those who attended the game, was there much noticeable "booing" throughout the game? I heard a little bit at one point (I think it was the delay of game call with Lee at QB), but it's hard to tell on broadcast audio. With three interceptions, there were certainly opportunities to "boo".

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

There was hardly any through the entire game until the last 30 second cluster-fuq when the entire stadium went from panic to raining boos like you've never heard after everyone thought LSU had lost.

3. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I didn't hear any at all, until the end that is.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

that's all i could tell from the television. And CBS in my opinion, broadcasts crowd noise more than ESPN.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

what brett said.

there was a slight bit, but very little, only one time, and i cant remember what the occasion was. but during the cluster phuck.... oh, my, god. people went bat shyt crazy. when the substitution happened, everyone around me figured out how bad my potty mouth is. thank goodness there were no kids in my area, cause i lost it. then again, pretty much everyone around me was screaming something to the effect of "what the phuck are you doing?" and when we thought we lost the boos were about as loud as i have ever heard them.

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I dont think there has ever been a time in human history where that phrase has been uttered by more people at once than that last 20 seconds. Men, women, kids...it was like a chorus.

2 people like this.
  7. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Other than the grounding call and late hit out of bounds that wasn't called the only booing was a the end. No booing was directed towards players or coaches that I can remember during the game.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i watched the game at the tailgate spot but heard from an attendee that jefferson was boo'ed during starting lineups.

9. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Actually it wasn't bad. I didn't really hear any boos. But I sit right next to the student section.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's how I heard it.

At the end the crowd was fairly quiet so the team could hear. The crescendo began when Jefferson started wandering around and not getting straight back to his position and it looked like the tigers were lollygagging. Then when we started seeing the substitutions come in, everyone starting screaming "The Clock!, Watch the Clock!".

By the time the team was down and set the crowd was screaming at the top of their lungs to get the play off or clock it, I'm sure that the team couldn't hear anything. But we were seeing a replay of Ole Miss coming.

The moment that Jefferson tried to fall on the ball the Boos started . . . very loudly. Time was out . . . it didn't matter if he recovered it or not if he was sprawled on the ground.