Stadium Atmosphere Question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Oct 5, 2010.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

My dad was there and he said people started throwing things at the coaching staff when the game "ended". Don't know if that is true or an exaggeration. Maybe it was just him who tried to pelt Les Miles with something.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

People certainly started throwing things into the air in frustration including full drinks. Most of it had no chance of reaching the field.

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

There is 1 story i heard yesterday saying a cheerleader was hit with a Crown Royal bottle. But i have not seen a reported and confirmed story.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

that's just wrong. why in the hell would people do that. disgusting if true, unless it was a male cheerleader. :hihi:

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

That booing will be legendary. It was louder than many stadiums cheering. especially Florida State's.
    I wasn't booing, but I think I might have thrown out every single cuss word known to man.

6. Richdog

i didn't hear any boos for that, but it was kinda silent. Almost like "so, we can't boo? I won't say anything then." Not much cheering either.

7. Richdog

yes, i saw many cups on the field. i'm in the south endzone, so i couldn't tell if any were thrown towards the team. to hit the coaches, they'd have to throw it over the team.

8. Richdog

I saw 2 cups in the south endzone. no where near a cheerleader, coach or player.

9. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

Ironically, the stadium atmosphere for the entire game (outside of JJ's 83 yard run) was very muted. The crowd did not reach the storied levels of deafening noise in this game as a whole. Even my wife mentioned it to me. It's as if the fan base is exhausted from watching the offensive circus & QB merry go round.

As to the booing, I did not hear it until the end of the game either.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i know i did! (cuss, not boo.)

i think everyone was just stunned by how bad the offense was. people just didnt have it in em to do anything but sit there and watch the train wreck.