Stadium Booing..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex_B, Sep 13, 2010.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Get em DUDE!

2. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I think most people when they boo are booing the call not the player. Like running a draw on 3rd and long or pulling RS out of the game after he just picked up 20 yards. However the players can't really tell the difference. It's just fans booing to them. Don't do it.

3. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Funny thing is how moral people say they are about booing.

However, calling people jerks, dicks are douche bags is totally exceptable on a chat board.

1 person likes this.
  4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"Like running a draw on 3rd and long or pulling RS out of the game after he just picked up 20 yards"

So I have to ask. What is the distance. I think 90% of the teams in football run a draw on 3rd and Long. Why risk a pick or a sack. It depends on the situation and distance. But running a draw on 3rd or long or a HB dive is very common. If you are 3rd and long at this point you are playing to not make it worse.

Also if RS picks up 20 yards on a run, wouldn't it make sense with the talent all over the field to give him a breather ? after he just busted a big run. Chances are he WOULDNT get the ball on the next play anyway.

Sorry just playing devils advocate.... Dont take it as a shot to you.

As for booing. Sadly I think you will. it is disappointing.... There will be recruits at this game probably. Tiger Stadium is one of our BEST recruiting tools.
    When that kid hears fans booing. Not as appealing, when he goes to a different school in the coming weeks and experiences something completely different. IE Fans not yelling at the coach the "You Suck, you should quit now", or booing players. I read in SI that is exactly what happened at the UNC game

5. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Do not boo, Fight! :thumb:

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Yeah phunny how exeptable it can beecum four sum peeples??
    :insane:

1 person likes this.
  7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Ah the internet tough guy. So what are you saying? You kick everyone's ass that boos around you?

Or do you give them a good stern talking to, they see the error of their ways, and stop booing?

1 person likes this.
  8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I never boo the players of my college team. I'll boo the coaches, refs, decisions(like not going for a 4th down, or a 3rd down punt,etc), and opposing team.

I don't think there is ever a situation where I've even felt the need to boo my own team. Even in Syracuse's worst times when it was horrible, I just left the game. The players were still trying, but I couldn't reason booing the players when it was obvious that they were in over their heads.

I'm not afraid to let the refs know that they suck and they should get off their knees though. :D

PS- I'll bought a #9 jersey and I will be wearing it in support of JJ.

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

See this is what I was talking about. The problem is, a lot of times, the players just hear booing. It sucks for them to have their fans booing. It doesn't help anything and it's just not a good thing to do.

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Did you graduate from LSU?