Stallworth

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by MikeD, Aug 28, 2006.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Yeah, but at least he will have a chance some day to go to the postseason and have a chance to choke. :wink:

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Well, he's definately off to that kind of start.

3. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

yeah 2nd most yds receiving after Sunday.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This just in....McNabb to Stallworth the best combo going so far this season.

I had visions of the Saints offense being unstoppable before Stallworth got traded. I still don't like the trade. I know the Saints needed defensive help, I just hope this LB from philly has a great year to compensate for it.

I just think not having a dependable 2nd receiver after Horn will catch up to the Saints eventually. So far, so good. But will it last?

I gotta believe the Saints organization is banking on Bush being that "extra" receiver to fill the void. That I can see. He is going to probably go over the 1000 yard mark in receiving by years end.

5. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

islstl has it right. Bush will be their third, fourth or fifth reciever. Peyton has confidence in the younger guys that they will step up and play. Don't forget that #2 receiver is Devery.

Simoneau is an average linebacker in a group of below avg linebacker group. He was brought in b/c they know he can play with immediately with positive impact. Getting a third round pick for the trade was a good move.

Peyton knew Donte was going to do well in Philly and a 3rd round was evident. The problem is Donte is a wishy washy player. Between being hurt and dropping the ball half the time, he is a young athlete that will be good but never great. (that sounds like madden 07)

A trade provided the opportunity to bring in a older veteran with more talent that can be a stable position guy for the next 3 rebuilding years.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah I know about Devery, but for a 3rd year player he is making way too many mistakes. He ran that wrong route and cost us an interception this past Sunday and dropped another crucial pass. I hope he gets his act straight. He can be really good.

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I'm loving Marquis Colston...I'm now seeing why we risked trading Stallworth. I think Colston will be great...

8. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Yeah, if Colston is still available in your fantasy league, I'd snatch him up quick!

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

By the end of the year Stallworth will have missed all or part of 6 games with a hamstring injury. We won't miss him.

Saints to da Supa Bowl in '06.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Only thing missing from that post is "Buddy!"