stand behind your team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dvm4tigers, Oct 13, 2007.

1. dvm4tigers

dvm4tigers Freshman

There is much football left to play.Nobody wanted to win more than the players.D.o nt hate.An sec championship and possibly a national are still possible.There is much more football to play. :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

2 people like this.
  2. Geaux4Tigers

Geaux4Tigers Founding Member

What are you talking about, stand behind your team. Why in the hell do you think we are on this board bitching and complaining because we love our tigers.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Obviously not a very good response on your part.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Games like this makes you appreciate exactly how hard it is to go undefeated--especially in the SEC.

Granted, Kentucky doesn't posses the recognition in the "traditional sense", but we lost to the #17th ranked team in the nation, on the road, in triple OT.

Florida lost to an unranked Auburn team at home...USC lost to a 40-point underdog Standford team...AT HOME...Oklahoma lost to unranked Colorado on the road. NONE of those teams fell far outside of the top 10 (if at all).

Yes, this loss stings. Yes we were at the bad end of some really crappy calls at the most inopportune times...but we also left some plays out there on the field. Zinger's dropped TD pass...Flynn's underthrown pass to LaFell that was picked off. LaFell's drops. And the most inexcusable play, at least in my opinion, was Tyson Jackson's judo chop and throw down of Woodson on 3rd and 15 in the 2nd OT. Those plays above were OUR PLAYERS' FAULT(s).

Credit Kentucky for playing very hard tonight. We had some calls gone against us, but if we had made some plays throughout the game, none of those calls would have been so hurtful.

IT's becoming clear that our team needs a break. They've played 7 straight games and 3-4 of those games were highly emotional games. Our guys need to stay focused and suck it up for one more week because Auburn will no doubt be yet ANOTHER mentally and physically challenging game for us before we get a breather.

5. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

I still love my tigers.To all you flamers that want to come in here ,you can't shake my devotion.

2 people like this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh, it's not as fun when the shoe's on the other foot?? :hihi:

7. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

We of course I will stand behind them no matter what but I see nothing wrong with debating the hows and whys of this loss. I hope this forum isn't that censored.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree...and it's not. But certain posters think you should never say anything negative about the players (that THEY like) or the coaches (that they like). Nothing wrong with calling it like it is. I'm still a Tiger fan...I'm VERY HAPPY to be SHOCKED that Kentucky hung with us...much less beat us. We're still the class of the SEC.

9. SpartanCaptain

SpartanCaptain Founding Member

You just hit the nail on the head, i just got ragged on by all said posters because i stated what i think should have happened in the game. Apparently, I am a new Tiger fan jumping on the bandwagon although ive been living 45 minutes away from campus for 22 years now.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

We played a bad game...a loss was coming sometime this season. Better now than later. I do believe this team will be ready to play next week and the rest of the season.

True fans would support the team and not make exagerated comments on how the game went. What I saw was a team that was pretty flat play the 17th ranked team in the country to 3 OT's at their house. A few bounces the other way and we'd have won. Granted there were some breakdowns but this team fought through them and stayed with it.