stand behind your team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dvm4tigers, Oct 13, 2007.

1. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

To borrow a phrase from my generation, "Right On, Brother!":eek:ldskule:

2. ufgatorz1

ufgatorz1 Registered Gator

I stopped by last week to extend congrats, this week to remind you guys of recent history of an SEC team with one loss....just last year. My point is you guys are not out of it...not by any means. Take care of business from here on out and chances are you will be in the BCS championship game. This is why the SEC is so damn tough, you never have an off week and playing so many top 20 teams in the same conference stuff will happen. Again my hopes are to see you again in Atlanta but that's wishful thinking at this point. Now that being said if you guys drop behind any team with one loss in the polls they should disband the voting completely. You lost to a good team on their turf and it took 3 OT's to do it. You did not loose to Stanford or Colorado like a couple of other teams did.

3. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

OUR TIGERS are still #1 in my heart.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'll be interested to see how we respond to this loss. Something happened between the start of the season, when we were playing lights out, and now. We've come back to earth after having our egos over-inflated and after basking in glory prematurely. The injuries are piling up and Auburn will smell blood.

It'll be a long week, but the way we've been playing the past few games, a loss may have been the best thing for us (or we may not be as good as we thought).

This is when the coaches really earn their money (or not).

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It will be intersting to see what happens. I agree that they need a break but guess what, there are a lot of teams that have been on the same schedule that we have been on (without an off week) granted they have not played the level of competition that we have played but thats not my point. I think we were flat today. ALL areas of the game were just flat, players and coaches alike can share in this one. We are far from "out" of it. However if our focus isn't corrected I'm not sure we even need to be "in" it. Here is hoping that the staff and the players get their S*%$ together and come out firing next week cause Aub will be gunning.