Stanford 24 USC 23 FINAL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sonof504, Oct 6, 2007.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm far from a quitter, but that just ain't gonna' happen. Injuries and close games finally caught up to us. Booty has problems under pressure and apparently broke a finger bone in his throwing hand. 4 INT's on top of that and I'd have to say Sanchez may get a look next week. Harbaugh put together an incredible game plan. Ironic that Stanford was the last team to have beaten us at home. Our guys just didn't get up for this game.

I'm like a boat without a sail here but got a giggle when it was pointed out that the worst part of tonight may be that USC could be the recipient of Lou Holtz's pep talk this week. :eek: :yelwink2:

If jarred roux had any alcohol in it, I'd down the entire thing right now. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Welcome to reality Vball. USC has been living off of the Rose Bowl win over a pitiful Michigan tean for far too long. It's over for the condoms. You'll lose 2, maybe 3 more games. Enjoy your mediocrity, because I sure as hell will. It'ss nice to see the edge being taken off of your cockiness.:lol:

3. Cajunboy97

Cajunboy97 Founding Member

I agreed. I think LSU should post this in the locker room for motivation so we will NEVER have to hear gramp give us a pep talk!!!:hihi:

4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I think you can take solace in the fact that as long as Pete is there you guys are going to be one of the faovorites every single year to make it to the big dance and take it all. I wonder if it actually has hindered USC how much media love they tend to get. (I know, every fanbase thinks its the "other guy" who gets the love, and LSU is getting a good deal of late, but USC actually is a media darling for many reasons, some deserved under PC.. ND being another darling, as well..)

Stay classy, vball. Fans like you make it hard to hate. Okay, I lied, maybe harder? :hihi:

You've still got a top 10 team despite the struggles. Especially this year with all of the upheaval. I suspect it just puts a focal point on the fact that talent only goes so far and it takes a truly cohesive team playing together and picking each other up to win a championship. I suspect that is what makes college football such a wonderful tease and somewhat of an addiction for many of us.

Brian
    ~Go Tigers!~

1 person likes this.
  5. burningitup

burningitup Founding Member

I think LSU fans know about a QB named Booty, might run in the family?

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I thought USC may lose a game this year, but I gotta say I'm shocked that is was on their home field to Stanford. Man, those guys losing to Stanford is the equivalent of us losing to Tulane. In Tiger Stadium.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

How bad is JDB? He's worse than Josh. That, my friends, says it all.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yeah, SC fans are now calling for backup Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez to start. Guess this finishes the email debate you were having with your West Coast friend. :hihi:

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

If Sanchez starts the remainder of the season, does Booty still win the Heisman? :hihi:

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yep. Kind of changes your perspective on the lackluster performance versus the Green Wave, doesn't it?